JOB TITLE – Project Manager II (CTH - must be able to convert to FTE)
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
• Develops, refines, validates and manages project plans to ensure on time and on budget delivery of major technology initiatives across the enterprise.
• Responsible for utilizing project management methods, standards, project integration as well as the coordination of all internal and external resources required to complete assigned projects.
• Provides timely and concise communications to functional leadership regarding project status and pending issues; analyzes processes and makes recommendations for optimizing resources and product delivery.
• Develops project plans based on specifications provided by the Portfolio Management staff and manages effective execution of the initiatives.
• Builds consensus among multiple process leads relative to project scope, task execution, staffing and issue resolution.
• Brokers services within IBS and ABC vendors on behalf of the business area represented.
• Provides overall financial direction for the projects to manage the development of budgets, controls and measurements to monitor project progress.
• Identifies potential risks within the project; proactively manages issues.
• Participates in identifying project costs, resource allocation, project schedule changes and issue escalation.
• Frequently interacts with IBS staff including business area management, portfolio managers, vendors, consultants and other contractors.
• Must be willing to travel up to 35 percent of the time. Performs related duties as assigned.
• Good interpersonal skills
• Excellent relationship building skills Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Good group presentation skills.
• Good analytical and problem-solving skills Good mathematical skills.
• Excellent organizational skills. Excellent leadership skills.
• Good staff development skills Knowledge of computers to operative effectively with computer hardware such as general mainframe, midrange, network and desktop technologies; computer software includes application development lifecycle, MS Office Suite, Outlook.