Cisco Network Engineers– Los Angeles, CA
CLICK IT is all about people. Connecting people and serving others are most important to us. CLICK is an IT talent acquisition services provider where people are at the heart of every assignment. We’re not satisfied until we make the connection between rewarding careers for our candidates and positive results for our clients.
We are currently recruiting for two Cisco Network Engineers on a contract basis for a Hospital in Las Angeles, CA.
Summary of job duties:
- Leads the technical engineering planning, design and architecture for monitoring and managing a healthcare network, security and wireless infrastructure.
- Create and maintain documentation, maintain hardware and software standards, and evaluate new products and solutions related to business requirements.
- Develop and modify technology networks, addressing functional, performance, security, quality, operations and monitoring needs in an efficient and productive manner.
- Liaise with contractors and vendors to ensure the integrity and security of the network environments.
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring of other engineers including the quality review and engineering decisions of their work.
- Requires staying current on network engineering and automation approaches, technologies and techniques.
- Provides on-call support as needed.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Information Technology, Computer Engineering or a related field
Licenses/ Certifications Required:
- One of more of the following: CCNA, CCDP, CCNP, CCSP or CCIE
- Four (4) or more years supporting Cisco LAN/WAN networks in enterprise environments
- Experience with automation tools or scripting languages such as Ansible, Python or Puppet is a plus
- Strong understanding of networking topologies and protocols
- In-depth knowledge of Cisco IOS/Nexus OS
- Knowledge of technologies related to MPLS, QoS, BGP, OSPF, VRF's, and Traffic Engineering
- Experience with Network Access Control and other perimeter security technologies
- Knowledge of Cisco Security products and technologies: Firesight/IPS/ASA/FXOS, Site to Site VPN, NAT/PAT
- Knowledge of wireless technologies 802.11a/b/g/n
- Ability to read packet traces to identify source of problems
- Experience with selection and strategic direction of network, security and Wi-Fi technologies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Experience in a network healthcare environment a strong plus
- Experience with Palo Alto Firewall and Panorama
- Understanding of Netscaler load balancing products
- Experience with Aruba wireless and Clearpass
- Experience with Infoblox
- Knowledge of APC Central StruxureWare
CLICK IT offers a comprehensive suite of benefits including health, dental and vision insurance options with employee premium subsidies, paid holidays and individual PTO. We serve a wide variety of clients in diverse industries which allow us the opportunity to present a wide array of career opportunities to qualified candidates. Our goal is to develop lasting relationships with our consultants while understanding their career goals; thus providing our clients with the best possible candidate from a technical and cultural perspective.