Are you passionate about software development? Interested in cutting edge projects in fintech space? Have experience with .NET stack building financial applications? Earned some battle scars with C++ server-side or desktop application code?
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced individual to join our software development team and lead technical work on foundational platform for the next generation of our software products in tax preparation and financial advisory markets. We are a fast moving, get-things-done bunch looking to leverage the latest mobile and cloud-based tooling and microservices-based design to disrupt traditional tax filing industry and delight our users with the seamless, high-touch experience across online, mobile and IoT platforms.
Major responsibilities of the position are listed below. To perform the job successfully, the individual must be able to execute each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Develops new software packages, performs upgrades and/or fixes to existing operating software packages.
- Collaborate with Accounting, Marketing and Product Managers to design, implement and test software applications
- Respond to technical requests regarding assigned application or component.
- Remain up to date with the latest software and computer technology
- Works as individual or participates as a member of a software development team
- · Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field, or equivalent in education and business experience.
· Experience with Microsoft development stack and development lifecycle tooling (C#, ASP.NET MVC/Web API/WCF, SQL Server, Visual Studio, TFS).
· Experience in service-oriented architecture and frameworks (NServiceBus, Mass Transit), messaging (Rabbit MQ, MSMQ, Azure Service Bus/ Event Hub), and micro services - oriented patterns.
· Experience with AWS or Azure is good to have.
- Experience developing large scale enterprise Serverless applications
· Experience with C++, C++ 11/ MFC preferred.
· Experience building SaaS platforms is a huge plus.
· Experience in Agile development methodologies preferred, Scrum preferred.
· Minimum of 5-8 years’ custom software application development experience
- Computers and Electronics — Knowledge of computer software, including applications and programming.
- Engineering and Technology - Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
- Mathematics - Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Telecommunications - Knowledge of transmission, broadcasting, switching, control, and operation of telecommunications systems.
· Design - Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.