JOB OVERVIEW – Under general direction of the Manager of CMDB and Asset Management, responsible for developing and maintaining logical and technical data models in the company’s Configuration Management Database (CMDB) in order to match technology owner requirements.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develops and maintains logical data models utilizing windows-based data modeling tools.
• Conduct working sessions with technology owners and their subject matter experts to document their data model requirements.
• Analyze data in the company’s CMDB for accuracy, completeness, and staleness.
• Update data in the CMDB according to requirements and analysis
• Works closely with data analyst staff members, data model administrators, technology owners, and subject matter experts
• Performs related duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
• Requires some training in fields such as business administration, accountancy, sales, marketing, computer sciences or similar vocations generally obtained through completion of a four year Bachelor's Degree program, technical vocational training, or equivalent combination of experience and education.
• Normally requires a minimum of three (3) to five (5) years directly related and progressively responsible experience; experience in IT infrastructure or application support is an asset.
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
• Good hands-on knowledge of data modeling tools. Knowledge of data analysis and E-R Diagramming techniques.
• Understanding of ITIL and Configuration Management
• Experience with ServiceNow Configuration Management Database, Discovery, or Service Mapping a plus
• Ability to prioritize work load and consistently meet deadlines.
• Strong organizational skills; attention to detail.
• Good analytical and problem solving skills to evaluate business problems and apply applications knowledge to identify appropriate solutions.
• Good interpersonal skills; effective team player.
**** ADDITIONAL Screening Notes / Must Haves from MGR ****
What special requirements/skills you would like us to screen for (i.e.: "Must Haves")?
1) Experience with ServiceNow’s Configuration Module
2) Background in any of the following is a plus:
• IT infrastructure support
• IT application support
• Business Analysis/Requirements gathering