JOB TITLE - Senior SCCM/Windows System Administrator
OVERVIEW – Senior SCCM/Windows System Administrator is needed to support high availability production systems in a very large enterprise level environment with multiple global datacenters. The candidate will work closely with network, application, and middleware teams to support Windows based product installations, customizations, and deployments. The candidate will be responsible for all aspects of Windows operating system support including software updates and upgrades, performance management and capacity planning for the Windows environment. Familiarity with scripting technologies such as Visual Basic and/or PowerShell is preferred. Familiarity with scripting technologies such as Visual Basic and/or PowerShell is preferred.
Responsibilities include ensuring best practice patch management processes are followed and continuous service improvement are identified and implemented as necessary to ensure compliance and successful audits. The candidate must have experience with the complete patch management lifecycle including testing, deploying, troubleshooting missing patches and patch issues, etc. utilizing the change management process and patch management and automation tools. Experience with SOX, PCI, PHI security vulnerability remediation is preferred. The candidate must be able to gather requirements and help architect, plan, and implement system solutions for a Windows platform to meet customer requirements. Experience with web servers, databases, networks, new installations and migrations, and security scanning tools is required. The Senior Windows System Administrator is responsible for day to day operational troubleshooting. Off-shift coverage will be required for on-call support of systems and maintenance work in approved change windows. The ability to write Powershell scripts and utility programs for Windows system maintenance is also a plus. To be successful in this position, the candidate must also display demonstrated teaming skills, written and oral communication skills, and formal documentation skills.
• Prioritizing, testing and deploying patches and application packaging using SCCM experience. Configuration Management using SCCM 2012 or current branch (2016)
• Windows server patching, security configurations, vulnerability scans, remediation and audits.
• Proficient in administrating and maintaining all currently supported Windows Server operating systems including updates, upgrades and performance and capacity management.
• Experience gathering requirements and plan and implement system solutions for a Windows platform to meet customer requirements.
• Operational experience with supporting Windows Server 2016, 2012 R2, and 2008 R2 in an Enterprise environment
• Day to day operational support and on-call support of systems and maintenance work in approved change windows
• Must be able to work nights and weekends during scheduled maintenance windows
• Powershell scripting desired
• VMWare experience highly desired – experience with vCenter, guest VM deployments, templates, datastores
• Experience working within an enterprise ticketing system – incidents, requests, change control – preferably Service-Now
• Knowledgeable with Active Directory, permissions, group policies
• Experience with DNS, and DHCP administration
• Experience with Infoblox or other IPAM solution necessary
• Knowledge of SAN/Storage technologies
• Experience with enterprise administration and tools helpful
• At least 5 years’ of prioritizing, testing and deploying patches and application packaging to Windows servers using SCCM 2012 or SCCM current branch (2016) experience is required. Experience with configuration management in SCCM highly desired
• Previous experience working in a large-scale, enterprise environment providing operational support by building, configuring, and managing Microsoft Windows servers
• At least 3-5 years’ experience in managing Microsoft Active Directory to include support of file services, and DNS/DHCP, and OU management.
• At least 5 years’ experience in managing Windows systems, including Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008 R2, Window Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2016.
• At least 3 years’ experience in working with virtual infrastructure (i.e. VMWare).
• At least 3 years’ experience in utilizing VB/Powershell, to automate common functions.
• Must demonstrate a detail oriented work ethic.
• Excellent verbal and written communications
• Ability to track and administer several tasks concurrently
• Strong change management and ITIL background
• Microsoft certifications
• VMware certifications
• ITIL certification
• Bachelor Degree (BS/Computer Science)