Resident Systems Engineer ($40 to $50/hr USD)
The main onsite OEM liaison representing Sirius XM technical interests. Provide clear communication between SiriusXM and OEM regarding project activities, engineering activities, documentation and communication of testing activities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Support all necessary meetings on-site at OEM.
· Perform Program Activities related to communication of project deliverables and expectations.
· Perform Engineering Activities related to acting as liaison between OEM and SiriusXM for design and development activities.
· Support testing activities at OEM, and compilation and communication of test results to OEM in addition to reviewing and documenting identified errors and support error analysis and defect closure.
· Possess an understanding of in-vehicle as well as test bench components
· Possess an understanding of web/mobile applications and their integration internally as well as externally.
· B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering or related field required.
· Automotive Experience mandatory and preferably experience with OEM.
· Minimum of 5 years engineering-related work experience.
Requirements and General Skills:
· Fluency in English and Spanish.
· Experience working directly with customers.
· Good public speaking and presentation skills.
· Good interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
· Ability to project a professional image over the phone and in person.
· Commitment to “internal client” and customer service principles.
· Willingness to take initiative and follow through on projects.
· Strong organizational skills and attention to details.
· Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast paced environment.
· Occasional travel (U.S. and Mexico) required.
· Must have legal right to work in Mexico.
· Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
· Understanding of wireless networks/technology, vehicle sub-systems and security principles.
· Experience with vehicle communication system tools (CAN, H/W diagnostics tools, etc.)