Senior Application Architect - Salesforce CRM / Service Cloud
Individuals within the Senior Application Architect role work closely with
clients, business analysts and team members to understand the business
requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality technical
solutions. This role is the most senior individual contributor Architect role
within our organization structure. Solutions designed and delivered must be
aligned with business and IT strategies and are in compliance with the
organization’s architectural standards. Application Architects are involved
in the full systems life cycle and therefore are responsible for formalizing
requirements, designing, coding, testing, implementing and supporting
application software that is delivered on time and within budget.
Responsibilities beyond development of software may include participation in
component and data architecture design, technology planning, product
evaluation, advanced testing processes and buy vs. build recommendations.
Individuals also provide input to project plans related to the application
Application Architects have a strong knowledge of programming languages and
application configuration used by the organization. They have experience in
systems design and have a solid understanding of development, application
configuration, database development, testing, and integration methodologies.
Knowledge of current and emerging IT products, services and processes is
Individuals must be able to adjust to constant business change. Common types
of changes include introduction of new organizations through mergers and
acquisitions, evolving goals and strategies and emerging technologies. These
changes require integration of solutions that can impact the overall system
development activity. Application Developers also provide client support,
consultation and subject matter expertise for system development, maintenance
and support. This associate will lead major projects/programs providing
subject matter expertise and technical direction. Works on projects that span
a broad range of applications. Expertise in multiple technical environments
and possesses business knowledge that spans multiple business areas
POSITION SPECIFIC EXPERIENCE:
• Data modeling and access: relational and non-relational designs
• Business logic: object-oriented programming and common frameworks
• Microservices architecture
• Writing and utilizing APIs / Action Layer / MVC
• Front-end development using HTML, CSS, and client-side scripting
• Salesforce.com Certifications (3 or more) including Service Cloud or Health
• Experience implementing Service Cloud enterprise integration architectures
• Experience designing Service Cloud integration solutions
• Strong knowledge of Salesforce.com architecture components - CRM Service
and/or Health Cloud
• Permission Sets and Salesforce security architecture
• Salesforce Visualforce, Apex, Angular, SOQL, SOSL
• Lighting Framework, Lightning Components, Lightning App Builder, Lightning
• Salesforce Force.com application build
• Mulesoft integration with Salesforce
• Informatica integration with Salesforce
• Ability to define and communicate the “big picture” in terms of the
solution (both functional and technical components) and break it down into
smaller manageable work units
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Leads and/or participates in project planning processes.
• Develops work plans or reviews other work plan timelines and manages
workflows to meet project timeframes.
• Responsible for identifying development tasks in support of project
planning and estimation
• Contributes to strategic planning meetings and provides guidance and
expertise on system options, risk, cost vs. benefits, and impacts on business
processes and goals.
• Works closely with architects to assure all systems are in line with IT
• Will directly lead the design and development of solutions associated with
one or more applications.
• Will identify technical requirements.
• Will create functional and technical design specifications and assists in
sizing technical requirements.
• Reviews and advises on technical and functional design specifications
developed by junior levels.
• Leads project workstreams building application components
• Codes applications or enterprise wide software systems using a disciplined
• Integrates solutions with other applications and platforms outside the
• Reviews integration testing plans.
• Supports and/or executes testing efforts across the life cycle.
• Ensures the adherence to standards, policies and procedures.
• Reviews modules for quality assurance.
• Checks for compliance with all standards, policies and procedures.
• Develops convergence plans to meeting standards, as needed.
• May assist in defining development guidelines and standards.
• Performs code reviews.
• Contributes to and reviews deployment plans and may schedule the
installation of new modules, upgrades and fixes to the production
• Works with Release Management to ensure modules are production-ready.
• Create branching and merging strategies as needed.
• Validates deployment.
• Supports the ongoing maintenance of applications.
• Oversees and assists in production support.
• May troubleshoot existing information systems to identify errors or
deficiencies and develops solutions
• Leads the technical evaluation and selection process for improving
application performance by overseeing gap analysis studies, feasible
alternative solutions, and recommending and/or approving the scope of
• Ensures all applications are documented according to standards.
• Promotes effective use of information technology by educating users on
• Assists in the development of user guides and training documentation for
• Evaluates new application packages and tools and performs research on best
• Provides recommendations for the solutions.
• May prepare and present formal training to IT staff, as needed.
• Provides technical leadership, coaching and mentoring to team members.
• Provides technical guidance or system process expertise.
• Provides performance feedback to managers.
• Develops reports and presentations for senior management, as needed.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor’s degree in Programming/Systems or Computer Science or other related
field. Or equivalent work experience. Typically requires 8 or more years of
application programming and analysis experience.
Has a broad level of understanding surrounding information systems and
application architecture standards. Experience in leading projects.
Demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret complex problems or processes
that span multiple business areas, identify and understand requirements and
develop alternate solutions. Experience designing, developing and testing
applications using proven or emerging technologies, in a variety of
technologies and environments
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
• Advanced programming skills in several programming languages
• Advanced solution design and configuration skills with target application
• Advanced understanding of relational database design and theory
• Ability to translate complicated business requirements into multiple
solution options and explain the pros/cons of various approaches
• Advanced knowledge of Object-Orient Design Patterns and use cases for applying
• Proficient communication skills and experience in mentoring/leading junior