JOB TITLE – Project Coordinator
JOB OVERVIEW – Responsible for planning, implementing and evaluating the smooth organization and successful execution of assigned projects.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
• Participates on project teams under the leadership of Project Managers.
• Initiates, analyzes and compares written quotes from vendors such as venues, editors, and duplication companies; assists in the selection of providers.
• Works with and supervises contracted vendors to optimize the execution of their services; keeps track of contractual obligations vendors in a timely manner and initiates payment.
• Works closely with Project Manager and business development staff for smooth transition of contacts, agreements and expectations with vendors.
• Maintains a detailed scheduled for each project of all essential activities and deadlines.
• Adapts details as necessary in the course of the preparation of the project and alerts Project Manager of changes.
• Coordinates with Project Manager to ensure the completion of project-specific requirements at the assignment meeting.
• Works with the association or sponsor when appropriate to coordinate activities conforming to rules and regulations under the direction of the Project Manager.
• Integrates CME documentation requirements in the planning process if CME credits are to be applied in order to ensure complete compliance with CME requirements and regulations.
• Sets up and completes project conference binder to archive all project information; sets up, monitors, and maintains accurate information in Events Pro Maintains and updates all pertinent data in appropriate project databases such as faculty, program(s), and budget information.
• Works with sponsors towards optimal execution of agreements; includes providing information on project specifics, services and obtains necessary documentation; requests, coordinates and orders exhibit equipment and services.
EXPERIENCE / SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
• Must be willing to travel up to 20 percent of the time.
• Performs related duties as assigned.
• Strong customer service orientation.
• Clear understanding of budgeting process.
• Ability to act diplomatically in an international environment
• A proven ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
• Exceptional project management skills, including the ability to manage multiple projects of various diverse scope
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of business principles, processes and technology
• Good analytical, conceptual and problem-solving skills to evaluate business problems and apply knowledge to identify appropriate solutions
• Solid teamwork and interpersonal skills
• Strong knowledge of computers to operative effectively with Word, Access and Outlook
*** Additional Requirements from Hiring Mgr ***
• The Fusion Client Transitions Project Coordinator will report into the Fusion Product Development / Client Transitions Program Manager with dotted line reporting to the Client Transitions Project Manager.
• The role will focus on the combination and coordination of Business Focused and IT Focused project plans related to our Client Transition effort - transitioning clients from legacy systems to the new Fusion technology stack.
• The preferred candidate will be highly organized, planning technology proficient (MS Project, Smartsheet, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, etc.) and an effective, pragmatic and concise communicator.
• Experience in SDLC and IT product development and project management methodologies is preferred.
• This is a 6-month contract position with a high likelihood of renewal for the appropriate candidate.