Absolute MAX for the perfect candidate is $140K; they want someone $120k - $130k. 15% bonus
DIRECT HIRE ONLY - 4 openings
There are a lot of different titles for this job. Cloud infrastructure/ strong cloud eng skills, but look at a higher level - the candidate can't be "just a developer."
NO 100% front end; NO too much Java; NO too much .Net;
they need to have worked w/ Dev Ops.
they are moving to Agile; 3-5 years public cloud; AWS cert or platform; developing in python is a plus
GENERAL FUNCTION: Responsible for analysis, design, implementation, and automation of Cloud infrastructure for Fifth Third Bank. Provides leadership and assists with the development and implementation of strategy. Builds and deploys new systems and solutions of a moderate to high level of complexity. Follows corporate standards to implement private and public cloud solutions.
Responsible and accountable for risk by openly exchanging ideas and opinions, elevating concerns, and personally following policies and procedures as defined. Accountable for always doing the right thing for customers and colleagues, and ensures that actions and behaviors drive a positive customer experience. While operating within the Bank's risk appetite, achieves results by consistently identifying, assessing, managing, monitoring, and reporting risks of all types.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design and develop tools to automate cloud platform management.
- Engages with development team throughout the life cycle to help develop software for reliability Assist with problem resolution for cloud management issues.
- Develop and update automation to eliminate daily routine management processes. Maintain appropriate controls and documentation to ensure compliance of audit requirements and qualifications.
- Articulate the need for scalability and understand the importance of improving quality through testing.
- Engage vendor support as required
- Support Disaster Recovery Tests
- Perform capacity and performance management analysis.
- - Assume additional responsibilities as assigned.
- SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
- All the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions for which reasonable accommodation will be made. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. This position description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Employees may be required to perform any other job-related instructions as requested by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodation.
- Fifth Third Bank
- Job Description
Site Reliability Engineer
DATE: October 2016
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Information Systems or comparable experience
- 3 - 5 years of experience with public cloud providers.
- Proficiency with the AWS platform and suite of services
- Experience with DevOps practices, infrastructure-as-code and GitFlow
- Experience with Orchastration platforms such as Jenkins, AWS CodeStar, and AWS CodePipeline
- Experience with Terraform or CloudFormation
- Experience with Ansible or AWS Systems Manager
- Experience developing in Python or Go
- Experience with OpenShift or Kubernetes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skillsAll the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions for which reasonable accommodation will be made. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. This position description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Employees may be required to perform any other job-related instructions as requested by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodation.
Site Reliability EngineerLOCATION -- Cincinnati, Ohio 45263