Contract Position - Estimated Duration of 3-4 months.
Could end up going longer or perm.
Must have a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or related equivalent experience.
Project Engineer to support engineering functions within a heavy industrial fabrication facility.
Provide support with project management, Lean manufacturing initiatives, mechanical calculation development (FEA and equation based), and drafting. Prepare, submit, and track customer documents
Project manage calculation and drawing creation/submittals
Manage Lean manufacturing initiatives
Generate project documentation such as IOMs, data books, customer submittals, etc. Maintain customer correspondence including approvals, changes, agreements and transmittals.
Produce, review, and update mechanical designs and drawings in accordance with required specifications, standards, customer comments, and internal design models.
Other engineering/manufacturing related tasks as deemed appropriate by management.
Technical skills and/or special certifications needed:
• Must have 3+ years of experience in design, fabrication, installation, and/or maintenance of industrial equipment
• Must have knowledge of project management practices and software (MS Project, Primavera, etc.)
• Must have knowledge of Lean manufacturing techniques
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office
• Must be proficient in Autodesk Inventor and/or PTC Creo.
• Must have experience in designing and performing ASME Section VIII pressure vessel calculations.
• Must be proficient in Simulation Mechanical, Fusion 360 or other FEA design software and PTC Mathcad
• Must have knowledge of or experience with fabrication methods and requirements for carbon, alloy, stainless and nickel-based alloys including welding, machining, NDE, ITPs, etc.
• Must have the ability to measure and model existing mechanical components.
• Must have experience in the generation of installation, operation, and maintenance instruction manuals
• Must have and demonstrate attention to detail
• Must have strong written and verbal technical communication skills
• Must have a demonstrated ability to be a team player
The following skills are non-mandatory, but preferred:
• Experience with boilers, fired heaters, and heat exchangers
• Experience in estimating industrial projects
• Experience in thermal design of heat exchangers
• Knowledge of and experience with P&IDs, controls, valves, burners, electrical cabinets, skid packages, etc.
• Knowledge of procurement processes and requirements including requisitioning of material
• Experience with GD&T and applying tolerances in a fabrication environment
• Experience with HTRI Xchanger Suite and/or Compress software