Position: Project Design Engineer
Reports to: Engineering Manager
· Manage product development projects within budget and schedule requirements.
o Develops project objectives by reviewing project proposals and plans.
o Determines and assigns project responsibilities by identifying project phases and elements.
o Develops, maintains and manages project schedule, calculating time requirements and sequencing project elements.
· Create conceptual designs and detailed designs for parts and assemblies, assuring that designs meet customer and regulatory requirements.
· Confirms product performance by designing, performing and documenting engineering type tests.
· Specify components and assemblies using 2D drafting and 3D modeling software and text descriptions.
· Specify bills of material and generate production serial test requirements.
· Research and select suppliers. Maintain supplier relationships.
· Maintain and improve existing product lines. Review and judge non-conformances. Evaluate and implement suggestions and requirements from suppliers, customers and manufacturing.
· Prepare and maintain product literature for distribution to customers.
Necessary Skills and Qualifications:
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an ABET accredited institution
· 5+ years’ experience working in an engineering product development project management environment
· 7+ years solid modeling experience; SolidWorks a plus
· 10+ years design experience
· Decision making ability and leadership skills
· Time management and organizational skills
4 YEAR DEGREE IS MANDATORY
Direct hire. 20% DP fee.
The position is exempt, M – F, daytime hours. The target salary is around $75K (depending on experience) with the bonus potential up to 15% of annual salary. (9% of this is based on personal performance/goals and 6% based on company performance.)
May consider relo, but we would like to strive for more local candidates, if possible. It just depends on the candidate and if their skills/experience are a strong match.