Local to A2540 MOTOR INFORMATION SYSTEMS 1301 WEST LONG LAKE ROAD SUITE 300 TROY MI 48098 United States
Buyer Organization: Hearst Communications Inc.
Pay Rate: $50 - $85 W2
< DO NOT POST IN RED>
Job Title: Programmer - Computer
Position Pool ID# : 13804723
Start Date: 8/19/19 – 8/18/2020
Location: TROY MI 48098 United States
Exciting opportunity for an Application Developer who is passionate about building enterprise software. We are looking for someone who enjoys becoming an expert at cutting edge technology, is always learning new things, and wants to be on a team that delivers every sprint. This person is someone who wants to get hands on with the design and implementation of the user experience and wants to help make it the best experience for our customers.
The Application Developer position will help design, create, and implement new features and new applications that target a range of our end users. The Application Developer is: very technical, understands the inner workings of developing on web services, can put together solutions from disparate technologies, and can work well on a team.
This position offers excellent career growth and promotional opportunities, stellar compensation, and the ability to work with the world's premier provider of aftermarket automotive data. Hearst/MOTOR Information Systems will be the best and last place you’ll ever work!
Our Ideal Candidate
• 3+ years building enterprise software
• Very strong with .NET/.NET Core
• Expertise in writing automated unit/integration tests
• Familiar with database best practices
• Strong with Microsoft SQL Server
• Familiar and comfortable working with RESTful architectures
• Rudimentary experience with Kubernetes
• Can identify, communicate, and implement web service best practices
• Comfortable performing code reviews and providing candid feedback
• Experience using Agile/SCRUM methodologies
• Experience in web security standards and how to apply them
• Thrive in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work independently as well as work in a team environment
• Strong troubleshooting skills
• Work with the team to design and develop new features and applications using our core framework of technologies
• Create production ready code with automated unit and integration testing included
• Perform peer reviews for teammate's user stories
• Keep up-to-date with the latest tools, techniques, and best practices around frontend development
• Ability to triage and preform maintenance on existing processes and legacy code sets as needed.
• Introduce new ideas and efficiencies to the team