They need someone who is more developer or engineer; not an architect.
They do have one candidate (a referral) under consideration right now. NO OTHER FIRMS have been engaged on this search and they will have ~4 more reqs coming out as they continue to grow.
Degree and Certs are not required. He wants AWS, seasoned, real-life experience.
This is for a new Cloud Stream. Heavy on the data side. The core systems need to be built out.
How well do you handle data?
Phone Screen w/ Curt; More intense interview with their consultant from Infinity; In person or Skyper interview and decision.
Hours: 8-5 or 9-6 (flexible)
42 people in the office, 8 work remote
Sr Cloud Engineer – Full Stack Developer/AWS Job Id: 121
The Sr Cloud Engineer - AWS role is critical for engineering the technical solutions required to fulfill business needs and design specifications ensuring delivery of a trusted solution that creates a rich user experience. Candidate should provide exceptional technical design and thought leadership to the Scrum team.
As part of the product development team, the Sr Cloud Engineer will work closely with the Sr Cloud Architect, Product Owner and Software Business Analyst to implement innovative cloud computing solutions and solve technical problems.
Job Expectations (not limited to):
• Participate in key Sprint meetings, including Planning, Standups, and Reviews
• Participate in Backlog Grooming with Product Owner and key stakeholders
• Experience in development for Cloud-based, Web/Mobile Applications, APIs, Web Services-based functionality and File Interfaces
• Analyze complex processes, interfaces and sub-system problems for modification
• Developing solutions involving data transport, storage, data, and user security
• Contribute with the team with engineering best practices
• Active key role with an established development team in the conversion of legacy solutions to a robust cloud platform
• Data Mapping of complex tables, files, and records resulting from the corporate initiatives that involve system integrations
• Intermediate/advanced knowledge of the Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform (including DynamoDB, S3, Cognito, Codecommit, CloudFront, APIGateway, Lambdas, etc.)
• 5+ years of enterprise IT application experience that includes at least 2 years of hands-on software development, DevOps engineering, or systems architecture
• Familiarity with the Scrum framework
• Working knowledge of a variety of applications including C# Web Development, Microsoft .NET Framework including MVC & Angular, Web Services, APIs, Microsoft SQL Server, and Microsoft Project
• Must be able to work independently, as well as, with team members in a technical and nontechnical capacity • Experienced and proficient with Agile development & Scrum framework • Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities • Detail oriented • Excellent oral and written communication skills to effectively meet and drive the requirements gathering with our customers as well as perform analytical and system support duties
• K-12 industry experience a plus • Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science with a focus in software development or related field preferred • Proficient in using Team Foundation Server (TFS)
• Understanding of infrastructure and security requirements related to HIPPA, Student and School data, etc.
• Preferred to be based in Louisville, Kentucky office
• Reports to Vice President of Innovations
• Works with Sr Cloud Architect, Product Owner, Development Team, Subject Matter Experts and interacts with Client Success Team
• Analytical, detail-oriented decision-making approach to comprehensive problem solving • Works well with others – team player • Adheres to deadlines, internal and external • Service-oriented • Strong communication skills • Promotes positive environment • Provides and welcomes constructive feedback, both personally and professionally • Able to effectively communicate and train others through listening skills, written text and spoken word • Able to take initiative on work in alignment with product team goals and initiatives • Strong organizational skills