Responsible for regularly managing projects with team level integration points. Manages project schedules, cost and quality proactively making recommendations within the project objectives. Leverages technical knowledge, best practices and organizational dynamics to mitigate issues and risks. Mentors others on project management methodology. Drives toward continuous improvement.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Establishes and manages project plans across the dimensions of schedule, cost, scope, and quality.
2. Across multiple projects understands logical dependencies, identifies critical path, communicates and escalates key tasks to team members accordingly.
3. Responsible for proactively identifying variances to plan and developing appropriate mitigation plans.
4. Formulates corrective actions when project deliverables deviate from the work plan with the assistance of team members.
5. Identifies, solicits and documents specific project risk at initiation using various modes and questioning techniques. Proactively identifies, documents, and communicates risks throughout the project lifecycle, including gaining project stakeholder agreement.
6. Engages extended group of stakeholders in communications as appropriate. Validates appropriate level of participation and escalates where needed.
7. Tailors the level of communication based on the audience working with the project team to synthesize information.
8. Communicates escalations clearly by concisely stating the problem and specific impact to the project.
9. Recommend deviation from the standard process and gain consensus from stakeholders.
10. Records and monitors project actual and forecasted cost against the project budget.
11. Understands the financial implications of project decisions and can forecast the impact.
12. Actively seeks new skills and concepts and can leverage them to improve project deliverables and outcomes.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
• 7 to 10 years of IT work experience, including 7 or more years managing projects
• Knowledge of Agile recommended
• Related certification preferred
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Management, Information Systems or Engineering; or equivalent work experience
• Scrum Master Certification
• 2-5 years of experience with Infrastructure projects
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
1. Competent Level Understanding of:
a. Waterfall methodology, values, and procedures
b. Complex projects
c. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a high attention to detail
d. Relevant business software (e.g. Microsoft Office applications, Clarity, MS Project)
2. Possesses the ability to balance a willingness to engage with ideas different from their own, encouragement of others to express divergent perspectives, the capability to influence, conflict management, and teamwork.
3. Highly adaptable to changing environment.
4. Situational awareness of when to listen and when to be assertive.
****What special requirements/skills you would like us to screen for (ie: "Must Haves")?****
-Exposure to Infrastructure projects
-Experience with Agile