This position reports into the Manager of Applications Development, the Application Developer will be responsible for developing and maintaining software applications used within AmerisourceBergen. This role will include Project and Support based functions with most of work assignment being Project Deliverables and Production Support. This individual will focus his/her development activities during the build, test and deployment phases.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Develops detailed system design specifications to serve as a guide for system/program development.
2. Codes, tests, debugs and documents programs, and enhances existing programs to ensure that data processing production systems continue to meet user requirements.
3. Develops and maintains application design, program specification documents, and proprietary web applications.
4. Identifies and resolves system operating programs in order to provide continuous business operations.
5. Performs related duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
Requires a BS Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent; normally requires a minimum of 5 years directly related and progressively responsible experience in applications development with five (5) year’s experience in web and client server application integration development and support.
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
• Thorough understanding of Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) process
• Strong analytical, problem-solving and conceptual skills
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
• Good interpersonal skills
• Ability to prioritize work load and consistently meet deadlines
• Ability to use good judgment in conveying project status and problem escalation
• Strong organizational skills; attention to detail
*** What special requirements/skills you would like us to screen for (i.e.: "Must Haves")? ***
.Net technologies like c#, VB and asp.net. Sql server