JOB TITLE – Skype Engineer
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Directly support Skype online environment and associated conferencing solutions
2. Resolve support tickets and requests.
3. Provide Level II support for Skype Online, Office ProPlus, and Active Directory
4. Assist with large-scale infrastructure migrations.
5. Configure tools for monitoring and use them to proactively identify issues within Skype Online.
6. Create and maintain technical documentation.
7. Develop and train Service Desk and Endpoint Support to resolve level 1 and 2 Skype/Teams issues.
8. Act as a lead engineer in migration from Skype to Teams
9. Strong customer service skills.
10. Performs related duties as assigned.
WHAT YOUR BACKGROUND SHOULD LOOK LIKE (MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS):
• Bachelor’s degree or technical institute degree/certificate in a relevant field or equivalent work experience.
• Typically requires 5-7 years of relevant technology work experience.
• Demonstrates knowledge of a broad range of hardware and software products.
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
1. Hands-on support of Exchange and Skype Online experience is a must.
2. Microsoft Conditional Access knowledge a plus
3. Solid understanding of Skype for Business and Skype online
4. Solid understanding of ITIL/ITSM best practices.
5. Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills.
6. Experience with Polycom, Robin, or Microsoft Surface hubs.
7. Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
8. Certifications in this field are a plus.
9. Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
10. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and detail oriented.
11. Good interpersonal skills; effective team player.
12. Ability to prioritize work load and consistently meet deadlines.
13. Strong organizational skills; attention to detail.
14. Experience using with Service Now is a plus.
*** ADDITIONAL NOTES / MUST HAVES FROM HIRING MANAGER ***
• Skype expertise
• Knowledge of Teams (migration)
• Advanced knowledge of O365