3 contractor positions open for the offshore for Support + Automation Engineer
India - On call 8 PM - 8 AM EST (on call)
- Pay Rate from offshore will be around $15 an hour. This includes all “other” costs: office space, laptop, burden, etc.
- Bill Rate recommendation is $25 - $30 an hour.
- Need a minimum of 15 days and up to 30 days to onboard and start.
Support & Automation Engineer
Participates in on-call rotation as required to resolve issues raised by operations or our customers. Analyzes issues to identify problem trends. Assists others in automation, monitoring, and dashboarding.
· Computing Related Bachelor’s Degree
· 3 years of equivalent development or support experience
Skills, Abilities, & Experience
· Foundational AWS or Kubernetes knowledge
· Experience with a language such as Java, .NET Core, Ruby, or Python
· Experience with relational databases such as Postgres or MySQL
Functions & Responsibilities
· Monitors applications identifying issues proactively
· Participate in support rotation per on-call schedule
· Attends to production events, in conjunction with other teams when appropriate
· Analyzes production events and develops problems statements for escalation
· Develops monitors and dashboards
· Works with team to improve efficiencies, processes, and procedures by developing tools and automations
· Develop expert knowledge of existing applications
· Proactively learns and utilizes new technologies, concepts, and procedures as appropriate to project requirements
· Complete assigned tasks in prescribed times
· Report the status of projects and work assignments to project management
· Develops clear and concise documentation
· Other duties as assigned
Some travel may be involved for training or customer facing issues.
This job description is indicative of the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.