JOB TITLE – VMware Infrastructure Engineer III
JOB SUMMARY / OVERVIEW – This role is primary focused on the VMware environments at ABC. The candidate will need to be well versed in administering ESXi and P2V conversions of physical hardware to virtual machines.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
• Responsible for converting physical machines to virtual machines.
• Migrating virtual machines from remote datacenters to central datacenters.
• Responsible for installing, modifying, removing and analyzing networking hardware and software on the company’s computer systems.
• This position also participates in network design and project support.
• Analyze server infrastructure related issues in a timely manner and escalate when needed.
• Monitor systems using tools to pro-actively resolve issues.
• Respond to Incidents and Requests according to documented SLAs.
• Troubleshoot issues and escalate appropriately.
• Attend and actively participate in migration meetings.
• Performs routine tasks under the direct supervision of a more experienced Administrator.
SKILL / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
1. 3-5 years of experience with VMWare 6.0 and 6.7
2. Experience with use of VMware P2V convertor.
3. SRM & VM replicator experience is not required but is a bonus.
4. Must have successfully led, and be able to lead projects, a self-starter, and function independently and able to talk to the customer and ask appropriate questions.
5. Knowledge of server hardware and components.
6. Experience with Windows 2008, 2012 Server OS as well as VMware architecture is required.
7. Basic knowledge of Active Directory and its components (WINS, DNS, DHCP).
8. Good analytical and problem-solving skills
9. Good interpersonal skills; effective team player.
10. Good group presentation skills. Good analytical skills.
11. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
12. Ability to prioritize work load and consistently meet deadlines.
13. Strong organizational skills; attention to detail.
14. Ability to work under direct supervision and work well with others in a team environment
*** ADDITIONAL NOTES/MUST HAVEs from Mgr for Screening ***
- Experience with vCenter, ESXi, P2V, and SRM