JOB TITLE – Accountant
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
• Responsible for the preparation of journal entries, reconciliation and maintenance of general ledger accounts, preparation of specified accounting records for month end closing, and analysis.
• Analyzes monthly financial reports, journal entry preparation and postings to the general ledger for various accounts.
• Responsible for general ledger maintenance, account reconciliation and month end closing.
• Acts as liaison by coordinating accounting matters between regional accounting, divisional associates and other department managers.
• Assists in the preparation of various financial reports such as Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable reconciliation, sub-ledgers and balance sheet accounts, expense analysis, daily/monthly cash balance reporting, monthly bank reconciliation and depreciation records.
• Records transactions to journals and general ledger.
• May review customer contracts and billings. Prepares trend analysis and other special analysis as required.
• Generates ad hoc accounting reports as needed. Performs related duties as assigned.
• Knowledge of accounting practices and principles Working knowledge of accounting and planning software packages.
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Strong mathematical and analytical skills.
• Strong organizational skills; attention to detail.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Must have AS or BS degree preferably in the accounting or finance field
*** ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS TO SCREEN FOR FROM MGR ***
Excel Skills (moderate to advanced), Detail Oriented, Organized, Experienced with working with large volumes of data