Position: Inspector B 2nd Shift
Location: Greensburg, PA
Rate: $23.85/hr on W2
We are current looking for an Inspector for the afternoon shift at our Greensburg manufacturing facility.
Responsible for performing inspection functions such as inspecting first product piece from new tools to assure inspected material conforms to drawing tolerance, quality standards, completeness of operation and any other customer specifications or instructions following established inspection procedure. Assist in maintaining an acceptable level of quality on manufactured product.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Includes conducting special investigations, writing reports, and utilizing specialized and complicated instruments not regularly used in manufacturing.
- Provides information, assistance, instruction, and guidance on gaging and its proper use and application.
- Performs monthly Process Audits and ISO Internal Audits.
- Records data as deemed necessary on proper media.
- If necessary, prepares Certificates of Compliance/Conformance for customers as required by the customer.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE
- Associate’s degree in an engineering or technical field preferred
- Must have at least one (1) year inspection experience in a manufacturing environment with a primary job function focused on quality assurance. Rubber or Plastic Extrusion/ Mold experience ideal
- Requires previous knowledge and demonstrated ability to use all measurement devices such as calipers, micrometers and gaging equipment in a QA Lab.
- Must have ability to read and interpret work orders, engineering drawings as well as understanding inspection processes, material specifications, standard procedures, and bills of material.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Working knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Must be able to accomplish tasks in a designated timely manner.
- Ability to read and interpret safety rules and work orders.
- If required to operate a fork truck, must be “certified” and have successfully completed formal training.
- Overtime may be required and employees are expected to make the necessary arrangements to accommodate this need.
- Must be willing to work any shift.
- The Company requires and expects employees to work according to their assigned work schedules, and they arrive at their workstation ready for work at the required starting time for their shift.
- Union Environment