Temp to Perm Position
Under supervision of the Accounts Receivable Supervisor, the Accounts Receivable Specialist is responsible for soliciting payments for past due accounts. Additionally, this role is responsible for performing a variety of accounting tasks.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Proactively solicits payment on overdue account according to payment terms via outbound calls and email.
2. Responsible for maintaining and documenting all records and interactions of delinquent accounts.
3. Maintains contact with internal and external customers in order to address all credit and collection issues
4. Maintains a permanent record of each call made to the customer documenting specific details of the conversation as well as the amount and date of expected payments.
5. Monitors customer payments.
6. Performs related duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
Normally requires one (1) to two years (2) collections experience preferably in Business to Business, Accounting background required. Bachelor's degree preferred but not required.
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
1. Demonstrated ability to resolve issues quickly and escalate appropriately.
2. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
3. Knowledge of general accounting principles
4. Strong interpersonal skills
5. Good negotiating skills
6. Strong organizational skills; attention to detail
7. Knowledge of Microsoft programs; extensive knowledge of Excel
**** What special requirements/skills you would like us to screen for (i.e.: "Must Haves")? ****
- Intermediate Excel – Vlookups, Pivot Tables, SumIf.
- Experience working in ERP systems (Oracle, SAP etc)