The Sr. Information Security Engineer will be responsible for defining, delivering, and supporting the enterprise security tools and architecture developed in collaboration with the IT Engineering team. The ISE will also participate in a diverse variety of IS projects and support the ongoing operations of the Information Security department.
In this hands-on role, the ISE will be focused on securing the network through the operations of intrusion detection system/intrusion prevention system (IDS/IPS), data loss prevention (DLP), Proxy, enterprise anti-virus and anti-malware solutions, log management, and SIEM.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Mentor more junior members of the team.
· Contribute to and enhance the client's network vulnerability management program.
· Define security requirements for the implementation of new applications and projects.
· Serve as a security engineer/consultant on projects.
· Operate, maintain, integrate and enhance security tools such as SIEM, endpoint security solutions, and network security solutions.
· Deploy, maintain and manage the Client's SIEM and log management solutions, including Syslog integrations from numerous log sources, load balancing, hardware, and software troubleshooting, maintenance and upgrades, licensing, configuration and change management
· Effectively managing multiple shifting priorities with an Agile mindset
· Proactively monitor and investigate network security alerts from the managed security service provider and in-house security tools.
· Assist in conducting risk assessments to evaluate the effectiveness of existing controls and determine the impact of proposed changes to business processes, applications, and systems.
· Provide technical support to regulatory agencies, external auditors, and internal auditors, as required, to respond to audits and examinations of the Client's control environment.
· Threat analysis / Incident Response: interpreting events and analyzing network traffic.
· Knowledge of current and upcoming IT security technologies.
· Awareness of latest and common security threats.
· Knowledge of virtualization technologies.
· Excellent ability to diagnose and troubleshoot accessibility issues.
· Skill in oral and written communication, including presentations to senior management.
· Ability to influence, and work with employees at all levels of the organization.
MINIMUM ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Must have hands-on Linux administration experience
- Hands-on SIEM experience, preferably Qradar
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Bachelors Degree or Masters Degree.
- 10+ year's progressive experience.
- Industry Standard Certifications such as: CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network +, CompTIA Security + and ISC2 CISSP.
Our Purpose Is To Make A Better Life For The People We Serve.
For us, this isn’t just work. We are finding Talent, forming Relationships and forging connections between technically talented people and companies who care for them. We are trying to reimagine how our client organizations can use our global recruitment staff that is equipped to evaluate the technical and soft skills of the technology talent to build their strong technology teams.
Saxon Global team's industry experience of more than 20 years in the IT staffing industry along with strong consultant network with a wide range of technology skills enables us to serve our customers.