- 2-3 years of experience
- Telematics experience required
- Back office experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Coachable and Team Player
- 6 months with a possibility of extension
- Location: Irving, TX
Quality Engineer is responsible for testing vehicle telematics services. Works cohesively with the company certification team, engineering teams, product managers, and product owners to ensure testing results adhere to requirements agreed to by the program.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare quality test cases, as well as test plans in accordance with Agile team deliverables. Execute testing with concise communication internally and externally
- Prepare and present results document to internal and external teams
- Possess a great understanding of in-vehicle as well as test bench components in the auto industry
- Possess an understanding of web/mobile applications and their integration internally as well as externally
- Identify, troubleshoot, and resolve automotive hardware sub-system issues including HMI modules, infotainment units, radio units, control units, data, and telematics communication modules, and GPS navigation systems.
- Use various high-level tools and databases in testing, triaging, troubleshooting, and error analysis.
- Have a great understanding of API's, SXM end to end architecture, as well as vehicle's telematics architecture
- Collaborate with external partners and suppliers to incorporate related technologies and products into head units and back-end systems.
- Responsible for supporting the certification team in end-to-end regression testing to provide the best-in-class connected vehicle ecosystem.
- Responsible for interfacing with research and advanced engineering teams to bring new connected vehicle concepts into production.
- Collaborate daily with Agile teams and work with software developers, database architects, application and systems engineers to break-down any issues or impediments relating to CV systems.
- Education: Master degree in Computer Science/Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- 3 years of relevant work experience.
Requirements and General Skills:
- Demonstrate an ability to communicate as well as negotiate with internal/external customers
- Possess an understanding of telematics protocol/interfaces
- Experience with vehicle architectures, CAN/Automotive Ethernet, diagnostics, embedded device messaging and interoperability of embedded components.
- Development and Production support of vehicle-related telematics issues.
- Experience with IoT (Internet of things), vehicle telematics, cellular communications, in-vehicle connectivity features implementation, cloud architecture, data analytics, V2V communications, and embedded telecommunication devices.
- Extensive knowledge of software tools (Evaluation of Scripts, LVDS, Python).
- Knowledge of HMI, Embedded, Vehicle communication, and Data acquisition systems (CAN, Vector products, computerized data logging systems).
- Connected Services experience (understanding of the end to end service, Cloud and OTA).
- Knowledge of cloud-based application integration, enterprise application integration, and service-oriented architecture principles is a PLUS.
- Experience with embedded system integration with head units, radios, and vehicle HMI as well as an understanding of customer experience with mobile devices.
- Familiarity with telematics, networking, wired, wireless, in-vehicle, or V2V V2I communications protocols (examples: 3G, 4G LTE, 5G, UDP, IEEE802.11, CAN, V2V, V2I, V2X ...)
- Travel required to OEM and partner locations as necessary
- Follows team best practices.
- Supports effective management of costs related to Department budget
- Perform tasks with moderate supervision
- Produce artifacts for the assigned program(s) with accuracy and quality-driven focus
- Have strong knowledge of telematics platform with an aptitude of learning enterprise components
- Shows an aptitude to acquire knowledge about applicable technologies
- Is viewed by the OEM and internal team as an important technical contributor
- Capable of leading test activities with OEMs/partners.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to pay attention to details and be organized
- Ability to project a professional image over the phone and in-person
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects
- Spelling, grammar, proofreading, and editing skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to details
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Understanding of wireless networks/technology, vehicle sub-systems, and security principles
- Understanding of API's, troubleshooting issues through logs, and databased
- Direct experience with automation through open-source tools, and writing scripts
- Experience with vehicle communication system tools (CAN, H/W diagnostics tools, etc.)
Our Purpose Is To Make A Better Life For The People We Serve.
For us, this isn’t just work. We are finding Talent, forming Relationships and forging connections between technically talented people and companies who care for them. We are trying to reimagine how our client organizations can use our global recruitment staff that is equipped to evaluate the technical and soft skills of the technology talent to build their strong technology teams.
Saxon Global team's industry experience of more than 20 years in the IT staffing industry along with strong consultant network with a wide range of technology skills enables us to serve our customers.