Job Title- Software Systems Engineer
Location Richmond, VA
§ Knows and applies the fundamental concepts, principles, practices, and procedures to carry out all aspects of the job
§ Proficiently performs assignments having the knowledge, skills, abilities, and Experience needed to carry out all aspects of the job
§ Exercises independent judgment and decision-making in planning, organizing and conducting work assignments
§ May receive instructions and guidance on unusual or complex problems and knows when to get others involved
§ Effectively utilizes the proper resources to develop solutions and devise new approaches to problems encountered in work assignments Identifies and eliminates unnecessary work and non-value added activities
§ Related experience desired. Knowledge, skills and abilities, as well as experience desired in operating systems include: - Unix: Sun Solaris, HPUX, Linux, DEC Alpha & VMS, IBM AIX, OpenEdition –Windows NT - IBM OS/390 - Novell Netware Connectivity/middleware: - TCP/IP - MQ Series - IBM DataJoiner –
§ Security Skills Providing coordination support and triage for:
§ Citrix MQ (file transfers to multiple CISs) FTP SQL Server Server OS Patching and verification PGP encryption/decryption sFTP firewall and port security production vendor access utilizing Webex and Skype change control for production code migrations secure file transfers both internal and external to the DE corporate network.
§ Experience with: Networking and Server administration PC OS and file administration Following Risk Management policies Vendor SOW participation (requirements and spec definition)
§ Coordination of production migrations (testing verification, Citrix and Server rollouts
Education: Bachelor’s Computer Science Preferred
- Under general supervision, this fully competent role works from specifications to develop or modify moderately complex software programming applications and information systems.
- Assists with the design, coding, benchmark testing, debugging and documentation of programs. Works with an individual business unit on specific project assignments.
- Guides and advises less experienced Software Systems Engineers.
- Requires guidance in complex problem areas, errors may cause minor delay, expense and disruption.
- Specifically: This position will provide Technical Support for the business client and the vendors (Mavro and Opex) that utilize and host the Remittance Processing Application.
Our Purpose Is To Make A Better Life For The People We Serve.
For us, this isn’t just work. We are finding Talent, forming Relationships and forging connections between technically talented people and companies who care for them. We are trying to reimagine how our client organizations can use our global recruitment staff that is equipped to evaluate the technical and soft skills of the technology talent to build their strong technology teams.
Saxon Global team's industry experience of more than 20 years in the IT staffing industry along with strong consultant network with a wide range of technology skills enables us to serve our customers.