Location- Richmond, VA
The knowledge, skills, abilities and education required for entry into this job include the following:
- In-depth knowledge of the concepts of Z/OS mainframe computer operations.
- Functional knowledge of mainframe and distributed scheduling software CA/ESP
- Functional knowledge of TSO/ISPF, and JCL.
- Functional knowledge of Viewdirect and IOF helpful
- Knowledge of peripheral computer equipment, such as tape drives.
- Basic knowledge of Win10 & Microsoft Office tools
- Functional knowledge of ServiceNow a plus
- Good written and verbal skill.
Education: General High School Degree Required, Associate Preferred
- Under general supervision, this fully competent role monitors and controls a computer by operating the central console or online terminals.
- May operate auxiliary equipment directly associated with the computer.
- May maintain records regarding output units and supply inventories.
- May assist when individual units of the system malfunction, by manipulating controls to rearrange sequence of job steps.
- Guides and advises less experienced Computer Operators.
- Requires guidance in complex problem areas. Errors may cause minor delay, expense, and disruption.
- Perform other duties as requested or assigned
- Saturday work is every third Saturday. There is no scheduled, unpaid lunch period. Plenty of time and opportunity for meals/breaks during the scheduled shift.
Our Purpose Is To Make A Better Life For The People We Serve.
For us, this isn’t just work. We are finding Talent, forming Relationships and forging connections between technically talented people and companies who care for them. We are trying to reimagine how our client organizations can use our global recruitment staff that is equipped to evaluate the technical and soft skills of the technology talent to build their strong technology teams.
Saxon Global team's industry experience of more than 20 years in the IT staffing industry along with strong consultant network with a wide range of technology skills enables us to serve our customers.