Location - Richmond, VA
Job Requirements: As a programmer, the candidate will work with other programmers and engineers to design and develop software applications.
- 2+ years of professional software development experience.
- Ability to organize and manage competing tasks and priorities in a rapidly changing environment.
- 2+ years programming/database skills.
- 2+ years working knowledge of Core Java, J2EE, and Spring Framework.
- Experience working in agile methodology on scrum teams, working experience with Atlassian suite – JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket, etc.
- Experience in version control using Git. Superior analytical, computing, and problem-solving skills. Ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Desired Skills Experience in Dev Ops, AWS, continuous delivery and continuous integration. Experience working with Spring Boot in a containerized architecture.
- Other experiences and qualities desired include: ability to participate effectively in interpersonal exchange and understanding, demonstrated ability to seek out and to understand customers' issues, conceptual thinking and reasoning abilities, demonstrated competency in logical and analytical thinking, experience in the adaptation to and the application of rapidly changing technology to business needs, demonstrated ability to perform as technical expert in field, ability to work independently, achievement orientation, self-starter, self-control, concern for quality, flexibility.
Education: BS, MS, or Associate in Computer Science/ MIS/ IT/ Engineering/Mathematics.
- The ideal candidate should possess a desire to work with others in an open, collaborative environment and possess a genuine interest in learning and applying new and emerging technologies.
- This role is focused on Java development and an understanding of Spring Boot and microservices based architecture is desired.
Our Purpose Is To Make A Better Life For The People We Serve.
For us, this isn’t just work. We are finding Talent, forming Relationships and forging connections between technically talented people and companies who care for them. We are trying to reimagine how our client organizations can use our global recruitment staff that is equipped to evaluate the technical and soft skills of the technology talent to build their strong technology teams.
Saxon Global team's industry experience of more than 20 years in the IT staffing industry along with strong consultant network with a wide range of technology skills enables us to serve our customers.