Greetings from Saxon Global Inc.
We have an Immediate need for a Scrum Master with working experience with Information Security Identity Access Management. This is a 6+ Months Contract opportunity located in Chesterbrook, PA 19087. Please review the job description below and contact me ASAP if you are interested.
Title: Scrum Master II
Location: Chesterbrook PA 19087
Duration: 6+ Months Contract
· The Scrum Master II provides effective collaboration, facilitation, leadership and coaching skills supporting the agile development process and delivery of our applications.
· The position also requires experience as a waterfall project manager as they may need to operate in a bi-modal manner (Waterfall and Scrum).
· As an agile expert (Scrum and Kanban), the Scrum Master will be responsible for enforcing the agile tenants as interpreted by our team, removing impediments and promoting transparency.
· This position requires committed to exceptional results, a strong desire for continuous improvement and the ability to build a collaborative culture within our team. You will facilitate daily stand-ups and ensure the integrity of the agile process by capturing velocity and removing obstacles to drive projects to successful release.
· In this highly visible role, you will have significant interaction with product owners and regular contact with senior management.
· They should be experienced with the complex projects and Application Development.
· Information Security Identity Access Management experience a plus.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
· Organize and facilitate daily stand-up meetings, reviews, retrospectives, sprint and release planning, demos and other Scrum-related meetings
· Work collaboratively with Product Owners, cross-functional development teams, and Project Managers to support development and software delivery
· Assist the Product Owner in user story creation/prioritization and product Backlog grooming via emergent requirement elicitation while supporting overall organizational goals
· Coach team in estimating story points for user stories
· Track and report Scrum team velocity and manage Sprint capacity
· Manage high-level budgeting and time tracking
· Resolve or escalate blocking impediments as necessary
· Coordinate dependencies between teams with other Scrum Masters
· Work with Development managers to manage team capacity Ensure development team is working efficiently towards Sprint goals
· Coach the development team and stakeholders on how to use Agile/Scrum practices
· Ensure the development teams are practicing the core agile principles of collaboration, prioritization, team accountability, and visibility Ensure cross functional coordination (analysts, developers and testers) is occurring early and often.
· Recommend improvements and assist in changes to best practice
· Adapt approach based on cultural shifts and regulatory requirements
· Assist with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information
· Create an environment that empowers and energizes team members, with a focus on accountability, adaptability, and collaboration
Experience / Skill Requirements:
· Must be a Certified Scrum Master with 3+ years Scrum Master experience
· Prior experience as a project manager with waterfall approach is also required
· 6+ years of information technology experience
· Strong organizational skills
· Thorough understanding of agile software development methodologies, values, and procedures including Scrum and Kanban
· Experience working with an agile methodology on large scale, technically complex projects
· Ability to deal with multiple projects and deadlines
· Thorough understanding of the software development lifecycle
· Demonstrated experience working in and leading teams that leverage Test Driven Development and Continuous Integration processes
· Demonstrated knowledge of test driven development and virtues of coded unit tests.
· Must be self-motivated as well as creative and efficient in proposing solutions to complex, time-critical problems
· Data driven analysis skills for measuring and managing delivery
· Experience with relevant business software Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
· Experience with relevant agile software JIRA (for example, loading stories), confluence Team or Scrum templates
· Excellent team player with the ability to influence and negotiate
· Ability to understand and communicate technical issues
· Highly adaptable to changing environment Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with diverse teams
· SM needs to have situational awareness with an understanding of when to listen and when to be assertive.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a high attention to detail
· Ability to hold team members accountable, set clear sprint performance standards, resolve sprint performance issues, keep team engaged and on task
· Previous technical experience is desired bachelor’s degree in business, Management, Information Systems or Engineering; or equivalent work experience
· Onsite work required for most days. Limited flexibility
*** Additional Notes / Preferred ***
· Previous experience in the field of Information Security is desired
· Previous experience in the field of Identity and Access Management is strongly desired
· Project Management experience is desired
· Experience with infrastructure, networking, and data center projects is desired
· Experience with the CA PPM Clarity application for project management is desired
· Strong MS excel spreadsheet skills are desired (Sorts, Sums, Counts)
· SAFe scrum master certification is desired
· Flexibility in schedule. Job may typically be 9-5, but 2 hour shift may be needed to accommodate meetings with international team members (starting at 7am)
Saxon Global Inc.
p: (972.550.9346) ext: 302
a: 1320 Greenway Drive, Suite #660, Irving, TX
Our Purpose Is To Make A Better Life For The People We Serve.
For us, this isn’t just work. We are finding Talent, forming Relationships and forging connections between technically talented people and companies who care for them. We are trying to reimagine how our client organizations can use our global recruitment staff that is equipped to evaluate the technical and soft skills of the technology talent to build their strong technology teams.
Saxon Global team's industry experience of more than 20 years in the IT staffing industry along with strong consultant network with a wide range of technology skills enables us to serve our customers.