- NEC Digital Platform Division is looking for an experienced and self-starter Business Development Manager (Partner management) to drive adoption for new services. This is an exciting opportunity to own defining and executing the worldwide business development strategy.
- The ideal candidate will have market development, partner recruiting and business development experience in building business that enable users to build scalable and secure bio-metric and IOT services in the NEC cloud, be a self-starter, and be willing operate both tactically and strategically. As key team member in this fast growing, exciting space you will have the opportunity to help lead the early market development efforts for new services, establish wins with lighthouse customers, create new eco-system partnerships, and then as the business starts to formulate, help drive the growth and shape the future of a service category that will have a significant impact on our customers’ business.
- Your responsibilities will include creating a comprehensive go-to-market strategy to help develop the market for the new service. You will be required to identify early adopters to work with who can help influence the direction, feature set, and pricing of the product, and then drive lighthouse customer wins in specific market segments. As the business formulates, you will lead efforts to enable sales in getting field ready for selling. This will involve creating a strong partnership with sales in driving global sales pipeline focused on driving revenue, adoption, and market penetration.
- The ideal candidate will be Part builder, part operator and part general manager who can prioritize well, communicate clearly and who understands how to drive a high level of focus. They will possess a proven track record and background that enables them to lead a new market development efforts, identifying/recruiting partners that will include teaming with Bio-Metric Service, IOT and solution Product Managers, Solutions Architects, Training, Sales, internal Partners and engagements at the CxO level within the largest/strategic NEC accounts. The successful candidate will also possess a business and channel partner management background that enables them to drive specific engagement and interaction at the CxO/VP/CTO level, as well as a technical understanding that enables them to easily interact with developers and technical architects. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus. A track record of helping establish new business via focused incubation mechanisms and then onbroad ISV or SI partners will be important for this role.
- Roles & Responsibilities:
- Go To Market Strategy: Develop a global go to market strategy that can successfully take a new service from incubation to growth stages. Create and execute the strategic business development plan while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g., NEC service development teams, legal, support)
- Customer Funnel Development: Develop a broad-reach strategy to engage thousands of start-ups and newer companies across different countries needed to grow the funnel. Engage an eco-system of partners, university research, SIs, ISVs etc. to create early demand and drive adoption.
- Pipeline Management: Responsible for maintaining the customer pipeline, and providing regular updates on the customer funnel to the Strategy and Product Management teams.
- Customer Account Management: Manage complex contract negotiations and complex business requirements and activities which drive category specific selection.
- Content Creation: Develop compelling audience-specific messages and tools (product videos, customer success stories, demos, whitepapers, presentations, how to guides etc.).
- Evangelism: Establish a presence as a thought leader within the category through various NEC channels such as NEC Blogs, Whitepapers, Reference architectures and Public-Speaking events such as NEC Summit and User-Group events
- Support Resource Guidance: For those customers actively engaged in Private Previews, effectively triage current customer opportunities and create a resourcing prioritization strategy to direct support resources.
- Influence Product Roadmap: Organize and prioritize feedback for future release. This includes capturing the feedback, organizing the feedback based on the needs of the customer segments, and prioritizing the feedback based on importance to each customer segment.
- Basic Qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience working with emerging Solutions and Providers including a solid understanding of cloud computing, cloud service technology and SAAS business
- 5+ years of Product Management, Business development and program management experience.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills in English including strong presentation skills and the ability to articulate complex concepts to cross functional audiences.
- 5+ years of business experience and customer-facing skills to interact at the CxO/VP/CTO level, as well as a technical background to easily interact with IT professionals, software developers, product manager, engineers and architects
- Knowledge of one or more of the following industries: Bio-metric surveillance, cloud service platform, SAAS/DAAS products or IOT Platforms. Must be able to understand and articulate the business value & technical overview
- MBA or Graduate degree
- 15+ years Knowledge of Software Marketplaces and/or cloud computing.
- 5+ years of prior experience working in Cloud Service Platform, IOT, Bio-metric, Event Streaming or Streaming Video Platforms
- 10+ years of experience with varying software licensing models
Our Purpose Is To Make A Better Life For The People We Serve.
For us, this isn’t just work. We are finding Talent, forming Relationships and forging connections between technically talented people and companies who care for them. We are trying to reimagine how our client organizations can use our global recruitment staff that is equipped to evaluate the technical and soft skills of the technology talent to build their strong technology teams.
Saxon Global team's industry experience of more than 20 years in the IT staffing industry along with strong consultant network with a wide range of technology skills enables us to serve our customers.