Duration: 8 months
Location - Edison, NJ
The Health, Safety, and Environmental (HSE) Specialist will be responsible for championing GoalZERO behaviours across all employees and contract personnel at the site and driving continuous HSE improvement. This position will also be responsible for driving compliance with state and federal HSE regulations and other related HSE standards and company policies. These activities will require communication with a diverse group of customers, including engineering, operations, maintenance, plant management, and outside regulatory agencies.
• Support HSE programs (life critical processes, industrial hygiene, emergency response, waste handling, OSHA and EPA compliance, etc.).
• Lead improvement initiatives
• Participate in and lead HSE teams (employee teams, ERT, etc.).
• Maintain ownership of assigned site HSE programs/systems.
• Interact with plant personnel to ensure a consistent understanding of regulatory and procedure requirements.
• Understand base HSE concepts, regulations, and standards and act as a champion for improvement and compliance.
• Develop knowledge of the units and processes to which the regulations and requirements must be applied.
• Perform routine inspections and testing of fire and emergency systems.
• Monitor site HSE performance and track progress.
• Coordinate delivery of new hire onboarding.
• Manage Learning Management System (LMS) for compliance.
• Develop and deliver instructor-led training.
• Associate’s degree in Industrial Safety, Industrial Hygiene or related technical discipline preferred. Significant related industrial safety experience also accepted.
• A strong desire to advance GoalZERO by being part of HSE
• Strong written and verbal communication skills for effective communication across multiple levels within the site and in different group settings to help implement changes and processes necessary to comply with regulations and requirements
• Ability to represent company with regulatory agencies
• Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks
• Prior leadership and contribution to HSE processes is preferred
Our Purpose Is To Make A Better Life For The People We Serve.
For us, this isn’t just work. We are finding Talent, forming Relationships and forging connections between technically talented people and companies who care for them. We are trying to reimagine how our client organizations can use our global recruitment staff that is equipped to evaluate the technical and soft skills of the technology talent to build their strong technology teams.
Saxon Global team's industry experience of more than 20 years in the IT staffing industry along with strong consultant network with a wide range of technology skills enables us to serve our customers.