Duration: 10 months
Location - Houston, TX
The Global Data and Analytics Team is responsible for Enterprise and Self-Service Reporting, Analytics, Planning and Data Management solutions in all business areas and functions.
The Data & Analytics Specialist is a core member of the team responsible for establishing and propagating processes for business users to access data using Analytical tools to build and deploy value driven business solutions.
The primary result is the sustained improvements in reporting and analytics productivity, decision support and business performance.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Work with business stakeholder requirements, and business unit requirements to design and develop Tableau dashboards. Educate and train business power users to build reports, dashboards and connect to data while also providing visual best practices and design guidance to achieve data-driven decisions.
- Work with Business and IT stakeholders to understand requirements, data sets, key success criteria, and issues which can be solved using analytics and/or data science techniques and provide accurate estimate. Develop rapid prototyping to facilitate requirements and design discussions.
- Align and keep update with Data and Analytics Strategy, Roadmap, Architecture standard and Governance process. Design and develop dynamic reports and interactive visualizations utilizing various reporting components from multiple data sources.
- Manage data source and content publishing, users and user groups. Monitor, maintain and optimize production systems. Investigate and resolve incidents reported by users. Identify opportunities to automate, consolidate and simplify platform.
- Manage assigned activities within time, cost and technical objectives. May manage small projects with internal or external resources.
Education: Bachelor's degree preferred.
• 3+ years hands-on reporting design and development experience with Tableau and or Power BI,
• Problem solver and innovator. Strong analytical skills to understand complex business processes, propose Reporting and Analytics solutions as part of overall business process improvement.
• Extensive experiences in reporting design and development as well as working on different data integrations projects to translate complex data from multiple data sources into coherent reports and dashboards to highlight key themes, findings, and business implications.
• Build and publish customized interactive Tableau reports/dashboards or Power BI dashboards along with data refresh scheduling using Tableau Desktop, Tableau Server and in Power BI Apps or Workspace
• Create Scorecards, Dashboards, Storyboards using stack bars, bar graphs, scattered plots, geographical maps, line/pie graphs, and Gantt charts
• Mastery of the elements of the graphic design – typography, color, composition and design grids.
• Performance tuning experience related to reporting queries required
• Knowledge of data warehouse techniques, methods, logging, and dimensional modeling
• Must have worked ETL and data integration between multiple varying data sources live connectivity example: SQL, SAP, BW, HANA, Azure Data Lake
• Develop complex data models to federate data from multiple data sources. Report and dashboard performance tuning
• Hands-on experience of SAP BW, HANA data modeling and security role design.
• Tableau Data Prep experience is a plus
• Alteryx Data Prep experience is a plus
• Understanding of statistics and mathematical techniques to solve real business problems using tools such as R and Python.
• Tableau certification is preferred.
Our Purpose Is To Make A Better Life For The People We Serve.
For us, this isn’t just work. We are finding Talent, forming Relationships and forging connections between technically talented people and companies who care for them. We are trying to reimagine how our client organizations can use our global recruitment staff that is equipped to evaluate the technical and soft skills of the technology talent to build their strong technology teams.
Saxon Global team's industry experience of more than 20 years in the IT staffing industry along with strong consultant network with a wide range of technology skills enables us to serve our customers.