Greetings from Saxon Global Inc.
We have an Immediate need for a Category Manager II with experience with Administrative functions for Government Affairs. This is a 6+ Months Contract opportunity located in Chesterbrook PA 19087. Please review the job description below and contact me ASAP if you are interested.
Job Title: Category Manager II
Location: Chesterbrook PA 19087
Duration: 6+ months Contract
Under general supervision of the IT Director, responsible for managing a category of technology service(s) delivery as well as the business relationship between Client and the respective suppliers.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Negotiates contracts, establishes sourcing relationships and manages technology services related agreements, including professional services, staff augmentation via external outsource solution , SAAS subscriptions (in support of enabling functions ), etc. works towards resolving work issues relative to the relationship.
· Manages the trade affairs with key strategic suppliers to include negotiating agreements and settling disputes and/or issues.
· Individual must have a working understanding of IT service contracts, specifically deliverables, SLA’s etc. A background in negotiating outsourcing contracts would be helpful.
· Individual must be capable of working closely with internal customers, business units, legal and suppliers – must be a team leader/player.
· Individual must be an effective planner and organizer.
· Individual must have the ability to manage multiple projects and tasks effectively. Must be extremely flexible with regard to changing priorities
· Individual must have the ability to negotiate effectively with customers, business units and suppliers.
· Individual must possess strong financial and analytical skills and be able to independently evaluate the financial implications of various contractual deals.
· Participate in executing a sourcing strategy, including managing a RFx process from cradle to grave, for the category of responsibility
· Expertise in negotiation of contracts with safeguards against identified risks, with a record of cost savings as an individual contributor
· In-depth knowledge of generally accepted purchasing practices, contract negotiations, & procurement-related laws and regulations
· Expertise in services category implementation /management, and successful collaboration of internal stakeholders and processes.
· Manage transactional requirements as it pertains to the procurement function including, but not limited to items, requisitions, purchase orders and other transactions as required.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
· Requires broad training in fields such as business administration, accountancy, sales, marketing, computer sciences or similar vocations generally obtained through completion of a four year bachelor’s degree program or equivalent combination of experience and education. Normally requires a minimum of five (5) years directly related and progressively responsible experience.
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
· Outstanding knowledge of product and supplier base, product relationships and industry trends
· Working knowledge of sales, purchasing, supply chain management and/or inventory management principles and methodologies
· Exceptional project management skills, including the ability to work collaboratively across the organization and manage multiple projects of various diverse scope in a cross-functional environment
· Ability to deal with confrontational issues in a positive manner
· Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
· Excellent negotiating skills
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Strong organizational skills; attention to detail
· Ability to implement processes resulting in satisfactory audit practices
· Strong computer skills in order to operate effectively with company systems and programs; knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. ServiceNow experience is a plus
Saxon Global Inc.
p: (972.550.9346) ext: 302
a: 1320 Greenway Drive, Suite #660, Irving, TX
Our Purpose Is To Make A Better Life For The People We Serve.
For us, this isn’t just work. We are finding Talent, forming Relationships and forging connections between technically talented people and companies who care for them. We are trying to reimagine how our client organizations can use our global recruitment staff that is equipped to evaluate the technical and soft skills of the technology talent to build their strong technology teams.
Saxon Global team's industry experience of more than 20 years in the IT staffing industry along with strong consultant network with a wide range of technology skills enables us to serve our customers.