Application Developer III (Android) - 6+ Months Contract - Chesterbrook PA 19087
Greetings from Saxon Global Inc.
We have an Immediate need for an Application Developer III with experience with Android Application Development. This is a 6+ Months Contract opportunity located in Chesterbrook PA 19087. Please review the job description below and contact me ASAP if you are interested.
Job Title: Application Developer III (Android)
Location: Chesterbrook PA 19087
Duration: 6+ Months Contract
• Under general direction of the IT Manager, Mobility & Edge Solutions Team, the incumbent will develop quality, enterprise-class mobile applications and innovative solutions that address business needs.
• In addition to daily project work, the incumbent will add to the collective knowledge and capabilities of the team through the exploitation of new technologies and development approaches and the free sharing of ideas within the team.
· Builds innovative, exceptional and well-engineered mobile applications with intuitive, well-designed user interfaces that satisfy and delight both internal users and external customers of AmerisourceBergen
· Participates in all aspects of the software development process as required, including analysis, design, development, documentation, testing, deployment and support
· Excels in translating business and technical requirements into well-engineered, tested, and deployed solutions
· Maintains technical ownership of projects, applications and releases, acts as liaison to other technical teams, and provides troubleshooting and support as required
· Learns new models, techniques, and technologies as they emerge, integrating knowledge from multiple sources to bring new solutions to business problems
· Disseminates knowledge to rest of team as appropriate
· Assists in defining processes, procedures, tools and standards for the Mobility & Edge Solutions team
· Leads and mentors other team members in general software development principles as well as specific technologies
· Contributes to the achievement of ABC organizational goals and objectives
Experience & Education:
· 4+ years of native mobile application development experience with Android platform.
· Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android
· Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services
· Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
· Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
· Familiarity with the use of additional sensors, such as gyroscopes and accelerometers
· Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
· Proficient understanding of code versioning and CI/CD tools, such as Bitbucket and Jenkins
· Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
· Design, build, and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable Java code
· Rich experience in Architecture design patterns (MVVP, MVP or Clean)
· Experience in SQLite
· Knowledge on Kotlin will be a plus
· Strong desire to learn mobile cross-platform development and MbaaS to stand-up and deploy mobile app services
· Knowledge of enterprise-related mobile development challenges such as back-end and cloud integration, app security, scalability and performance
· Thrives working within an Agile environment and all that it implies
· Position requires a degree in computer science, information systems or related field
Skills and Aptitudes:
· Passion and enthusiasm for building quality mobile software
· Intellectually curious, yet practical and focused; Self-motivated
· Strong user knowledge of the mobility space, including applications, standards, use cases and trends
· Ability to independently research solutions, evaluating their validity in solving the problem at hand
· Comfortable working in a fluid environment; accepting of change and sometimes unclear requirements
· Team-orientation and mutual respect are essential to this role. Incumbent is able to handle the normal give and take between team members and strives to resolve conflicting approaches through acceptable compromises
· Basic understanding of business fundamentals and the role of IT within the organization
· Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with both technical and functional teams
· Strong organizational skills with a natural attention to detail
*** ADDITIONAL NOTES / MUST HAVES from Manager ***
· 4+ years Android development experience
Saxon Global Inc.
p: (972.550.9346) ext: 302
a: 1320 Greenway Drive, Suite #660, Irving, TX
Our Purpose Is To Make A Better Life For The People We Serve.
For us, this isn’t just work. We are finding Talent, forming Relationships and forging connections between technically talented people and companies who care for them. We are trying to reimagine how our client organizations can use our global recruitment staff that is equipped to evaluate the technical and soft skills of the technology talent to build their strong technology teams.
Saxon Global team's industry experience of more than 20 years in the IT staffing industry along with strong consultant network with a wide range of technology skills enables us to serve our customers.