Greetings from Saxon Global Inc.
We have an Immediate need for an Application Developer III (.Net) with experience with Sitecore experience. This is a 6+ Months Contract opportunity located in Chesterbrook, PA 19087. Please review the job description below and contact me ASAP if you are interested.
Job Title: Application Developer III (.Net)
Location: Chesterbrook, PA 19087
Duration: 6+ Months Contract
Individuals within the Application Development role work closely with clients, business analysts and team members to understand the business requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality technical solutions. These solutions must be aligned with business and IT strategies and are in compliance with the organization’s architectural standards. Application Developers are involved in the full systems life cycle and therefore are responsible for designing, coding, testing, implementing and supporting application software that is delivered on time and within budget. Responsibilities beyond development of software may include participation in component and data architecture design, technology planning, product evaluation, advanced testing processes and buy vs. build recommendations. Individuals also provide input to project plans related to the application development initiative. Application Developers have a strong knowledge of programming languages used by the organization. They have experience in systems design and have a solid understanding of development, database development, testing, and integration methodologies. Knowledge of current and emerging IT products, services and processes is required. Individuals must be able to adjust to constant business change. Common types of changes include introduction of new organizations through mergers and acquisitions, evolving goals and strategies and emerging technologies. These changes require integration of solutions that can impact the overall system development activity. Application Developers also provide client support, consultation and subject matter expertise for system development, maintenance and support. This associate will work on complex, major or highly visible tasks and projects as a project team member, sometimes as a project lead. They will also work on projects that may span a broad range of applications and support multiple applications. Will have expertise in multiple technical environments and possesses business knowledge that spans one or more business areas.
Primary Duties And Responsibilities:
· May participate in project planning processes.
· May identify project tasks and assists with project timeline estimations.
· May participate in the design and development of the database(s) associated with one or more applications.
· May identify technical requirements.
· May create technical design specifications and assists in sizing technical requirements.
· Assists and reviews technical design specifications developed by junior levels.
· Codes applications or enterprise-wide software systems using a disciplined development process.
· Integrates solutions with other applications and platforms outside the framework.
· Develops, executes, and documents unit test plans.
· Supports and/or executes testing efforts across the life cycle.
· Adheres to standards and procedures.
· Reviews modules for quality assurance.
· Checks for compliance with all standards, policies and procedures.
· May assist in defining development guidelines and standards.
· May participate in code reviews for quality assurance.
· May lead the deployment of new modules, upgrades and fixes to the production environment.
· Makes modules production-ready by moving them to libraries, completing forms, following procedures, completing version control documents, etc.
· Accountable for creating release notes, deployment plans, etc
· Participates in creating branching and merging strategies and executes those strategies.
· May present changes to CAB.
· Validates deployment.
· Provides ongoing maintenance of applications.
· May assist in production support.
· May troubleshoot existing information systems to identify errors or deficiencies and develops solutions
· Evaluates existing applications and platform and provides recommendations for improving application
· performance by conducting gap analysis, identifying feasible alternative solutions, and assisting in the scope of modifications.
· Participates on teams that outline the process and scope out the improvements that can be realized through the application solution.
· May perform automated/load tests and address any issues.
· Documents functions and changes to new or modified modules, test activities/results and other areas such as error handling and backup/recovery procedures.
· Assists in the development of user guides and training documentation for systems.
· Evaluates new application packages and tools and performs research on best practices.
· Provides recommendations for the solutions.
· May prepare and present formal training to IT staff, as needed.
· Provides technical leadership, coaching and mentoring to team members.
· Provides technical guidance or system process expertise.
· Develops reports and presentations for senior management, as needed.
Experience and Educational Requirements:
· Bachelor’s degree in Programming/Systems or Computer Science or other related field, or equivalent work experience
· Minimum of 5 years of application programming and analysis experience
· Broad level of understanding surrounding information systems and application architecture standards
· Demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret complex problems or processes that span multiple business areas, identify and understand requirements, and develop alternate solutions
· Experience designing, developing and testing applications using proven or emerging technologies in a variety of technologies and environments.
Minimum Skills, Knowledge And Ability Requirements:
· Advanced programming skills in several programming languages
· Advanced understanding of relational database design and theory
· Ability to translate complicated business requirements into multiple solution options and explain the pros/cons of various approaches
· Advanced knowledge of Object-Orient Design Patterns and use cases for applying them
· Must have strong experience in Oracle, PL/SQL and MS SQL 2016
· Must have working experience with Microsoft Windows Server 2016 and 2018 Operating Systems
· Must have strong experience in Oracle 12c, PL/SQL and MS SQL Server 2016/2017
· Experience in any of the reporting tools such as SAP Crystal Reports, TIBCO Jaspersoft Reports
· Working Experience in XML, GEL Scripting, HTML, JAVA Script, Json, Jquery
· Working experience in VB .NET, ASP.Net, C#
· Working experience in CA Clarity PPM and Micro Focus or HP ALM is a plus
· Prior working knowledge in configuring and supporting any third-party tools
· Strong analytical skills
· Experience gathering and writing business requirements, identifying use cases,
· Experience working with agile tools and processes is a plus
· Experience in Scrum based Agile development environment is a plus
· Familiarity with SAFe, lean practices is a plus
· Working experience meeting with end users to elicit user stories and lead the testing/validation process
*** Additional Notes From Manager / Must Haves ***
- What special requirements/skills you would like us to screen for (i.e.: "Must Haves")?
· Minimum of 5 years of application programming and analysis experience.
· Oracle 12c, PL/SQL and MS SQL Server 2016/2017
· Working experience in CA Clarity PPM and Micro Focus or HP ALM is a plus
Our Purpose Is To Make A Better Life For The People We Serve.
For us, this isn’t just work. We are finding Talent, forming Relationships and forging connections between technically talented people and companies who care for them. We are trying to reimagine how our client organizations can use our global recruitment staff that is equipped to evaluate the technical and soft skills of the technology talent to build their strong technology teams.
Saxon Global team's industry experience of more than 20 years in the IT staffing industry along with strong consultant network with a wide range of technology skills enables us to serve our customers.