Location - SLC, UT
Duration – 11 Months
Contract CAD Designer 1
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare simple to intermediate level of fabrication drawings for proposed gas facilities and pipeline alignment projects, e.g., regulator and meter stations, pipeline end facilities and appurtenance, etc.
- Prepare simple to intermediate pipeline alignment sheets, maps and piping/mechanical and civil/structural design drawings.
- Assist Internal and External customers by providing them with drawings and other needed pipe information and data.
- Assist with the facility data research required for revising existing facilities.
- Perform simple to intermediate mathematical calculations for describing Rights-Of-Way or deriving pipeline stationing.
- Maintain good record keeping of design drawings and related information.
- Provide gas facility and mapping information to engineering, construction and other company personnel;
- Works under direction of immediate supervision as well as other more senior designers to carry out drafting assignments with latitude in the use of initiative and independent judgment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- May involve overtime, weekend, and/or holiday work for project completion.
- Will require prolonged use of computer aided design and drafting (keyboard).
- Travel on field trips to company facilities (minimal field work to local facilities)
- Work outdoors for extended periods with some inclement weather (hot / cold, dry /wet weather conditions).
- Requires ability to walk up steep and/or ungraded surfaces.
- Computer Aided Drafting (CAD) programs;
- Read and understand facility drawings and alignment sheets.
- Standard Practices and terminology;
- Property rights-of-way and surveying principles; and basic mathematics including algebra, geometry, and trigonometry;
- AutoCAD (latest version),
- Microsoft Office products including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- The following not required, but will be required to learn on-the-job:
- AutoCAD Plant 3D,
- AutoCAD Civil 3D,
- Autodesk Vault
- Read and understand Pre and Post constructed field notes and surveys;
- Understand and complete written and oral instructions;
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing with internal and external customers.
- See objects at close range and determine the distance and relationship between objects;
- Match and discriminate between colors and intensity;
- Hear and respond to telephone and equipment;
- Be mobile and possess hand dexterity; reach around a computer work station; read and decipher field note and survey book information;
- Work independently with minimal supervision; be courteous to co-workers and customers, follow directions of supervisors and refrain from abusive or profane language and behavior; and contribute to a positive work environment.
- Two-year associate degree or certificate in Computer Aided Design and Drafting from an accredited institution or equivalent professional experience; or equivalent professional experience (Two-year Minimum Professional Experience).
- Regular attendance; on the job working approved schedule.
- Proficient in the field of design and drafting and be able to meet reasonable drawing completion deadlines.
Our Purpose Is To Make A Better Life For The People We Serve.
For us, this isn’t just work. We are finding Talent, forming Relationships and forging connections between technically talented people and companies who care for them. We are trying to reimagine how our client organizations can use our global recruitment staff that is equipped to evaluate the technical and soft skills of the technology talent to build their strong technology teams.
Saxon Global team's industry experience of more than 20 years in the IT staffing industry along with strong consultant network with a wide range of technology skills enables us to serve our customers.