Greetings from Saxon Global Inc.
We have an Immediate need for an Cash Applications Clerk II with experience withing Accounting or Finance Industry. This is a 4+ Months Contract to Hire opportunity located in Carrollton, TX 75010. Please review the job description below and contact me ASAP if you are interested.
Title: Cash Applications Clerk II
Location: Carrollton, TX 75010
Duration: 4+ Months Contract to Hire
JOB SUMMARY – Under moderate supervision, the Cash Application Specialist II is responsible for receiving, posting, and depositing more complex payments received for their designated / assigned portfolio. Prepares more complex financial reports and performs general accounting and bookkeeping practices in order to achieve departmental goals and objectives.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
• Must maintain the SLA as required for the designated portfolio assignment.
• Post and record payments of multiple currencies received from numerous bank accounts including checks, ACHs, wires and credit cards.
• Download lockbox detail and customer check images from banking websites for daily processing.
• Importing and preparing ACH payments so they can be posted.
• Identify customer’s remittance and post associated payments to the correct ERP account by invoice.
• Complete import of lockbox transmission files for QuickCash / auto-cash processing.
• Reconcile and balance bank statement to posting reports weekly.
• If the portfolio requires more stringent balancing, daily.
• Maintain cash receipt records and files as required for audit purposes.
• Research and complete adjustments to customer accounts from the A/R as requested.
• Support internal and external customers through accurate, timely application of customer payments and providing accompanying reporting.
• Complete daily, weekly, and monthly reporting duties, including month-end close.
• Cross-train on related and elevated cash application functions to support team flexibility and continuous improvement.
• Perform other related duties as required.
SKILL / EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS:
• Requires broad training in fields as finance, accounting or similar vocations generally or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
• A minimum of two (2) years’ high-volume cash application and responsible experience.
• Ability to adhere to strict deadlines and complete work assignments in an accurate and timely manner. (i.e. our SLA for 3PL clients is to post cash within 48 hours after receipt of payment)
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to remain flexible and adaptable while multitasking in a fast-paced, high-volume, transactional environment.
• Proactive and self-motivated in a teamwork-oriented, metric-based environment.
• Ability to effectively present information and communicate well, both written and verbally, with internal and external customers.
• Be an effective problem solver when presented with situations.
• Advanced knowledge of banking procedures and fundamental accounting principles.
• Experience in operating within multiple software daily.
• Strengths in problem-solving and critical thinking.
• Detailed knowledge of the accounts receivable / cash application process.
• Proficient in 10-key data entry. High speed and accurate is required
• Must have good analytical skills, a strong grasp of numbers and basic calculations.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office products including Excel, Word and Outlook.
• Ability to handle and maintain confidential customer and company information.
• Must have a working knowledge of all programs, processing and posting cash for ACH, lockbox, wires (ACH / EFT) and credit cards for all programs, assisting whenever needed.
*** ADDITIONAL NOTES / “MUST HAVES” FROM MGR ***
What special requirements/skills you would like us to screen for (i.e.: "Must Haves")?
- 10 Key accuracy and speed
Saxon Global Inc.
p: (972.550.9346) ext: 302
a: 1320 Greenway Drive, Suite #660, Irving, TX
Our Purpose Is To Make A Better Life For The People We Serve.
For us, this isn’t just work. We are finding Talent, forming Relationships and forging connections between technically talented people and companies who care for them. We are trying to reimagine how our client organizations can use our global recruitment staff that is equipped to evaluate the technical and soft skills of the technology talent to build their strong technology teams.
Saxon Global team's industry experience of more than 20 years in the IT staffing industry along with strong consultant network with a wide range of technology skills enables us to serve our customers.