Latest Update 7.1.19
US Citizen Required
Location: Local Candidates Only (Dallas/Fort Worth, TX)
*Client will most likely convert the candidate at the 6 month mark.
Responsible for supporting all activities related to database administration.
• Provides day-to-day support, monitoring, and proactive maintenance of Pioneer’s enterprise databases.
• Responsible for database installation and configuration; query optimization and performance tuning; writing and maintaining SQL queries; developing and maintaining stored procedures and database triggers; backup management; developing application and database monitoring techniques; and planning and executing advanced database migrations.
• Maintains standards across all client environments including monthly maintenance plans and activities.
• Plan for and help with IT Projects involving Oracle & SQL upgrades, new application development, deploying infrastructure architectures, and supporting the onboarding of new applications.
• Provides third level Oracle and SQL technical support.
• Manages high availability Microsoft SQL environments, including clustering and replication.
• Consults on software deployment and management of the technical infrastructure.
• Provides guidance and training to less-experienced database administrators.
• Performs other/additional duties as assigned by Supervisor.
• Bachelor’s degree required; consideration given for related technical experience.
• Minimum of six years related experience is required, with at least two (2) years of Unix/Linux experience; consideration given for related technical aptitude.
• Knowledge of database management required, Oracle preferred.
• Experience maintaining and troubleshooting production Microsoft SQL server instances required; Oracle experience highly preferred.
• Experience with enterprise database systems required.
• Must have experience running production SQL Server Database Clustered environments including: maintenance, tuning, backup/restore, analysis and troubleshooting.
• Microsoft SQL Certified Professional is a plus.
• Experience supporting large scale ERP solutions is a plus.
• Must be self-guided and takes initiative as appropriate.
• Must have aptitude for problem-solving.
• Must be detail-oriented and be able to multi-task projects.
• Must have strong oral and written communication skills.
• Must demonstrate desire to learn.