Test Analyst II is responsible for creating and executing manual and automated tests using various tools and techniques. The person in this role participates in the evaluation and testing of TaxAct’s software programs to verify that programs function according to specifications and standards. May also lead small project based teams.
Major responsibilities of the position are listed below. To perform the job successfully, the individual must be able to execute each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Create and execute test plans, test cases, and test and tax return data that adequately test the functionality, compatibility, operability and interoperability of software applications using proper test procedures, methodologies and quality standards.
- Communicates test results, status and potential risks.
- Identifies, analyzes, fixes and documents defects, questionable functions, errors and inconsistencies in software program functions, outputs, online screens and content.
- Executes and enhances automated test regression profiles (libraries, batteries) as required.
- Responds to inquiries and problems from end-users and technical support regarding functions and operations of software programs.
- Read and comprehend tax forms and instructions; collaborate with cross-function teams
- Provides feedback on program improvements or revisions to programmers and system analysts.
- Provides recommendations for software program documentation.
- Provides recommendations for improvements to current procedures and processes to improve quality.
- Devise improvements to current procedures and develop possible future configurations.
- Perform work flow analysis and recommend quality improvements.
- May assign work or provide guidance to others in the department.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Educ & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer related field required
- 4 - 6 years of QA/software testing experience required
- Understanding of test methodologies (regression, functional, unit, integration, code coverage, performance, etc.)
- 2 - 3 years’ experience with test automation tools and techniques required; Microsoft and related tools strongly preferred (Coded UI, C#, Selenium with C#)
- Familiarity with TDD concepts
- Significant experience with Agile development process a must, Scrum highly preferred with 2-week sprints
- Experience with Microsoft development stack and tooling is strongly preferred (Visual Studio Test Professional, TFS, MTM, and related technologies)
- Basic understanding of SQL, ISAPI, COM, Windows Servers is a plus
- Good understanding of application development and has the ability to implement testing programs and review code and systems solutions.
- Experience with iOS and Android phones and tablets preferred
- Familiarity with tax preparation or personal finance a plus
· Other duties as assigned