Data Services Developer
Director of Data Services
On-site Lombard, IL
M – F 8 AM – 5 PM with occasional afterhours support
The Data Services Developer will work with the Data Services team, supporting and developing various facets of the Stone Eagle F&I data and reporting suite, including the clearFI™ solution, using the Microsoft stack (SSAS, SSIS, SSRS), and T-SQL.
· Show up on time and ready to work.
· Bring a positive attitude.
· Be prepared for daily tasks and responsibilities.
· Be respectful of fellow team members.
· Approach every day with a teamwork mindset.
· Always attempt to do more than what is required and provide maximum effort.
· Be willing to learn and to accept coaching and criticism.
· Provide leadership and set example for team.
· Creating and supporting reports and corresponding subscriptions
· Creating and supporting SQL objects: stored procedures, views, tables, etc.
· Creating and supporting data ingestion/integration packages
· Expanding and supporting SSAS cubes
· Ensure data integrity of the warehouse and connected reporting
· Performance tuning SQL objects
· Learn the business to help understand the “why” of what is being built
Qualifications and Technical Requirements - must have knowledge and previous experience with the following:
· 5+ years Microsoft BI Stack (SSRS, SSIS, SSAS), including development of reports (RDLs, complex stored procedures, subscriptions, ETL packages using SSIS, MDX & T-SQL queries)
· Strong understanding of SDLC and version control
· 5+ years T-SQL, Stored Procedures, Views, Functions
· 5+ Years of Experience in SQL Server 2012 or above
· Knowledge of Performance Tuning
· Data Modeling/Data Warehouse Design experience
· Bachelor’s in computer science or Information Systems
Preferred but not required:
· Knowledge on Dashboard Design (Power BI, Power View, Tableau, Qlikview, etc.)
· Visual Studio .NET (C#)
· Azure or AWS experience
· Knowledge and experience with performance and scalability tuning of big data analytics solutions
· Master Data Management experience
· MBA or other masters’ degree in science/tech/engineering
· Primarily works with the Data Services team on various projects across different technologies, including new development and supporting existing software and processes
· Works with client managers to fully understand client needs to ensure functionality of projects meets the desired specifications
Personal Traits Required
· Detail oriented
· Determined and Persistent
· Focused, flexible and able to multitask on several various aspects of a project(s)
· Problem Solver
· Solution Focused and Results Driven
· Produce quality work with strict deadlines