Location - Salt lake City,UT
Duration – 12 Months
§ Windows Admin/Citrix/VMware.
§ Build and management windows servers. 2008, 2012, 2106, 2019.
§ In-depth experience desired. Knowledge, skills and abilities, as well as experience desired in operating systems
Education: Bachelors preferred Discipline Business, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics
This role formulates or defines specifications for complex operating software programming applications or modifies/maintains complex existing applications using engineering releases and utilities from the manufacturer. Is responsible for applications dealing with the overall operating system. Works at the highest technical level on all phases of software systems programming applications. Is responsible for working with an individual business unit on multi-project assignments. Guides and advises less experienced Software Systems Engineers. Monitored on project's progress and results. Errors may cause delay, expense and disruption.
- Under general supervision, supports Citrix environment, including all aspects of server administration with multiple Citrix XenCenter hosts.
- Provides direct support to manage all aspects of Citrix PVS and MCS. This role is also responsible for providing technical support for software application developers, database administrators, and other support staff.
- Working from specification to develop or modify, formulate and/or defines specifications for moderately complex operating software programming applications.
- Responsible for working with applications and is technically focused on the overall operating system, at the intermediate level, on various phases/aspects of the programming application.
- Manages the configuration and daily operation of the VMWare infrastructure (e.g. applying security patches, ensuring capacity and availability)
- Performs moderately complex troubleshooting and diagnostics, dealing with various issues submitted by clients in the ticketing system
- Maintain HP Server Hardware to include the:
- Installation of rack mount server hardware in standard 80 inch racks within the confined spaces of computer rooms including:
- Installation of memory, CPU, Disk drives and other server hardware
- Maintain Operating System software and applications:
- Windows (2016, 2012, and 2008)
- & Vcenter (ESXi 6.7,6.5, 6.0, 5.x)
- Citrix XenApp (5x, 5x & 7x), PVS, and MCS Adhere to Risk Management, NERC, and Sarbanes Oxley requirements.
- Possess the ability to build multiple servers at the same time following procedures;
- Must have the ability to adhere to department standards, policies, and procedures.
- Must be able to provide 24x7 on-call support on a rotational basis.
- Ability to lift at least 40 pounds and work from a step ladder at heights up to 96” to reach cable raceways
Our Purpose Is To Make A Better Life For The People We Serve.
For us, this isn’t just work. We are finding Talent, forming Relationships and forging connections between technically talented people and companies who care for them. We are trying to reimagine how our client organizations can use our global recruitment staff that is equipped to evaluate the technical and soft skills of the technology talent to build their strong technology teams.
Saxon Global team's industry experience of more than 20 years in the IT staffing industry along with strong consultant network with a wide range of technology skills enables us to serve our customers.