Location - Houston, TX
Monitor progress to ensure that the material and equipment ordered is delivered on time. Takes appropriate and necessary action in the event of slippage. Liaises closely with other expediters, contractor coordinators and other personnel as necessary to ensure the most cost-effective use of their time. Acts as client's representative on all aspects of purchase order expediting.
- Deliver expediting support in a safe, timely and cost effective manner, in line with contractual requirements as per agreed client processes.
- Monitor all purchase orders to ensure contractual delivery dates are maintained.
- Exercise independent judgment in performing assigned tasks; ensure relevant information is communicated to internal stake-holders (Engineering, Material Control, Planning and Procurement).
- Obtain weekly and/or bi-weekly progress reports on material/equipment packages.
- Participate in meetings and teleconferences to review status of critical Purchase Orders.
- Expedite requisite documents from material/equipment suppliers in support of engineering progress and release of holdbacks to facilitate purchase order closeout.
- Interface between engineering, construction, procurement, suppliers and clients for all issues related to equipment, materials and document delivery status.
- Ensure all applicable client processes and management systems are adhered to. Track and report material delivery status as required.
- Balance and prioritize multiple requests simultaneously.
- Demonstrate out-of the-box solutions for material challenges.
- Support achievement of capital plan and help meet in-service dates.
- Willingness to work as necessary to accomplish tight time-table deliverables.
- Serve as cross-functional interface between teams to bridge and solve conflicts to deliver timely solutions..
- Technical Diploma, Business/Commerce Degree, or an Engineering Degree preferred, but not required. Concentration or specialization in supply chain management a plus.
- Any equivalent combination of experience and / or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved may also be considered.
- APICS and/or ISM (NAPM) certification preferred.
- Minimum of 1-4 years of professional expediting experience.
- Work experience within the petro-chemical or Oil and Gas sectors would be considered an asset.
- Proven supplier negotiation skills.
- Approachable, good communicator, team player, able to effectively interface with key client stakeholders including engineering, procurement, quality, logistics, as well as supplier personnel.
- High Safety Awareness is mandatory MRP/ERP system experience (particularly SAP).
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and Excel
Builds effective teams | Collaborates | Cultivates innovation | Customer focus | Demonstrates courage | Drives results | Ensures accountability | Instills trust and exemplifies integrity
Our Purpose Is To Make A Better Life For The People We Serve.
For us, this isn’t just work. We are finding Talent, forming Relationships and forging connections between technically talented people and companies who care for them. We are trying to reimagine how our client organizations can use our global recruitment staff that is equipped to evaluate the technical and soft skills of the technology talent to build their strong technology teams.
Saxon Global team's industry experience of more than 20 years in the IT staffing industry along with strong consultant network with a wide range of technology skills enables us to serve our customers.