Duties and Responsibilities:
· Coordinate the planning of E2E testing activities within an agile environment with internal teams as well as our test partners. Asses and manage risks.
· Oversee the planning of E2E activities.
· Mentor Test Leads and testers.
· Build and foster a team environment. Asses the skills of our test leads and testers.
· Arranging workshops, training for the team and meetings. Actively and consistently supports all phases of the testing effort required to execute projects.
· Providing E2E Test direction and leadership, mentoring and technical guidance to Test team members
· Defining E2E testing best practices for execution within a rapid turnaround timeframe.
· Identifying and implement automated testing tools and infrastructure, managing tool upgrades and determining license needs and costs
· Manages Proof of Concept activities for new tooling, technologies, infrastructure and processes.
· Analyzes and resolves automation framework related problems by coordinating with team to diagnose and fix issues.
· Reports, defines, trends and tracks quality assurance metrics such as E2E Team member velocity, total automation test case candidates, total automated test cases, failure/pass rates for program(s) to leadership and stakeholders.
· Provide succinct and accurate documentation of issues to the project stakeholders and leadership team.
· Ensures quality standards, procedures and methodologies are being followed. Document and implement automation and performance strategies, plans, processes and standards. Ensures that these documented best practices are adhered to.
· Actively participate Program Team, Roadmap calls and other strategic sessions; ensuring the voice, recommendations and concerns of the automation team is professionally and purposefully represented.
· Lead, guide and mentor Test Leads and Testers.
· Partner with Management Peers from Automation, and manual test organizations to ensure cohesive test coverage.
· Help develop and implement cross training strategies for Test Leads, Testers on not only their assigned programs but other programs in the Software Engineering organization.
· Diagnoses complex issues, evaluate, recommend and execute the best resolution.
· Recognize and communicate dependencies across multiple test teams that may support multiple programs
· Help drive continuous quality in the organization by helping instill best automation test practices.
· Will lead the E2E Testing team
· Bachelor's (BSc) in engineering, computer science, or related field; master's preferred
· 5+ years of cumulative testing leadership as a Sr. manage and/or manager level
· 10+ years of experience as a systems/testing engineer with experience in mobile, web and/or server side testing
· Experience in helping deliver multiple commercially deployed products to market
· Experience bringing automation tools into practice for use in the testing lifecycle
Requirements and General Skills:
· A proven history of technical and organizational leadership
· Proven ability to lead and work within geographically distributed engineering/testing teams
· Mentoring skills and competencies, with an ability to transfer knowledge to junior and senior members of automation teams
· Works well with others and is a skilled communicator both written and oral; acts with professionalism both in person and when working on the phone with partners.
· Experience with interacting with external customers, technology partners and executive teams to establish strong working relationships
· Able to build strong interpersonal relationships with business analysts, UI/UX team, leadership, test teams, senior management, and internal and external stakeholders
· Experienced with integration of E2E systems using agile software development methodologies; Scrum and/or Kanban
· A deep agile toolbox including awareness of various agile techniques, alternate project management approaches and the wisdom to understand when to apply which process to the problem at hand.
· Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and work under shifting deadlines with potentially ambiguous or nebulous requirements in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to quickly assess multifaceted problems and complex situations and recognize patterns to identify and resolve the root cause
· Ability to analyze testing new technologies, emerging standards and market trends, and understand how they affect products today and, in the future
· Occasional regional travel to OEMs
· Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
· Knowledge of AJAX, JSON, HTML, XML and SQL technologies
· Hands-on experience with test automation tools like Selenium, Telerik Test Studio, BDD
· Experience with Cloud development and deployment best practices on AWS, GCP or Azure
· Experience mobile testing technologies
· Experience with DevOps best practices and ability to establish a continuous deployment pipeline
· Ability to review architectures, designs and code, and work with development engineers to help identify and resolve issues at all levels with automation techniques
· Expert technical understanding of automation algorithms, software patterns, and anti-patterns
· Proficient computer skills, experience with the Atlassian Development Suite (Confluence, Jira, BitBucket), Microsoft Office Suite (Visio, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel)
· Expert in fundamentals in testing methodologies and continuous improvement.
· Knowledge of testing API and Web Services
Our Purpose Is To Make A Better Life For The People We Serve.
For us, this isn’t just work. We are finding Talent, forming Relationships and forging connections between technically talented people and companies who care for them. We are trying to reimagine how our client organizations can use our global recruitment staff that is equipped to evaluate the technical and soft skills of the technology talent to build their strong technology teams.
Saxon Global team's industry experience of more than 20 years in the IT staffing industry along with strong consultant network with a wide range of technology skills enables us to serve our customers.