Location- Houston, TX
• Supports category managers in the implementation of sourcing plans and tactics to effectively manage the assigned portfolio and associated activities.
• Supports category managers by completing complex analysis for both internal requirements and external market analysis to support the sourcing process.
•Begins to independently manage sourcing projects with low complexity and low value
Roles and Responsibilities: Activities and duties will vary dependent upon functional area assigned. Activities may include, but are not limited to:
- Ensures accurate definition of requirements, negotiates local contracts, establishes and maintains an effective procurement system consistent with LYB control guidelines.
- Analyzes bid responses to determine the most responsive and responsible bidder to optimize total cost of ownership for the internal client.
- Negotiates spot agreements, including low value/less complex strategic agreements and any changes in vendor contracts to maximize benefit to LYB.
- Analyzes spend/data/trends to identify and develop overall strategic sourcing initiatives which meet the needs of the customer and provides solutions/recommendations to the Category Manager based on research of institutional spend, end-user impact, feedback and marketplace analysis.
- Works collaboratively with the Buyers in the implementation of strategic sourcing initiatives.
- Develops and composes bid specification in such a manner that internal customer needs are addressed.
- Ability to decide if recurring purchases are appropriate for strategic sourcing agreement/initiatives.
- Develops and maintains awareness of changing commodity-related business trends in the marketplace and the possible impact to the company.
- Defends and/or justifies an award of a formal bid or proposal in the event of a formal protest filed by a vendor/contractor with support from Category or Procurement Management.
Education and Key Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree preferred (or recognized equivalent). Master’s degree preferred (or recognized equivalent).
- 2+ years related experience required with a degree (6+ years in lieu of a degree);
- 1+ years of chemical or related industry experience and knowledge related to purchasing and materials management is preferred.
Our Purpose Is To Make A Better Life For The People We Serve.
For us, this isn’t just work. We are finding Talent, forming Relationships and forging connections between technically talented people and companies who care for them. We are trying to reimagine how our client organizations can use our global recruitment staff that is equipped to evaluate the technical and soft skills of the technology talent to build their strong technology teams.
Saxon Global team's industry experience of more than 20 years in the IT staffing industry along with strong consultant network with a wide range of technology skills enables us to serve our customers.