Greetings from Saxon Global Inc.
We have an Immediate need for a Technical Writer II with experience with Sitecore experience. This is a 6+ Months Contract opportunity located in Carrollton, TX 75010. Please review the job description below and contact me ASAP if you are interested.
Job Title: Technical Writer II
Duration: 6+ Months Contract
Location: Carrollton, TX
· Under general supervision of the Manager – Business Communications and Training, responsible for designing and developing role handbooks, job aids, work instructions, and other training materials intended to facilitate the understanding and use of client systems for internal customers.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Creates complex user-oriented informational products and training documentation as assigned.
· Learns applicable computer systems and business processes for each project.
· Completes assigned tasks within defined timeframe to ensure project is delivered within appropriate schedule and budget constraints; updates team and sponsors on status of project.
· Defines and understands the technical scope and objectives of the documentation project; assists the customer in defining expectations; anticipates and consistently meets/exceeds objectives.
· Works closely with business owners and user community to clarify information, resolve issues, discuss usability and improve documentation deliverables.
· Responsible for independently managing assigned projects from request through publication including a needs analysis and project plan.
· Acts as a trouble-shooter for documentation tools.
· Assists Manager in the evaluation of approved tools; makes recommendations for the utilization of highly-effective tools based on knowledge of the availability within the industry.
· Analyzes alternative solutions based on the vision of the organization.
· Adheres to and assists in the development of standards and procedures for project reporting and documentation.
· Promotes the creation of new processes and technologies within the department.
· Performs related duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
· Requires some training in fields such as business administration, accountancy, sales, marketing, computer sciences or similar vocations generally obtained through completion of a four year Bachelor's Degree program, technical vocational training, or equivalent combination of experience and education. Normally requires a minimum of four (4) years directly related and progressively responsible experience. Demonstrated experience writing business policies and procedures; experience creating training guides and materials or serving as technical publications department editor is preferred. Experience with eLearning authoring tools, such as Articulate Storyline, preferred.
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
· Extraordinary writing skills to include a firm grasp of the technical aspects of writing and a stylish and creative approach to the materials
· A clear understanding of documentation concepts and the ability to apply those concepts in a practical fashion
· Familiarity with various authoring tools for documentation and the ability to readily learn new tools and technologies
· Advanced knowledge of design methodologies for information products
· Excellent project management skills; ability to multitask among various projects and platforms
· Ability to pursue new ideas and demonstrate creativity and innovation
· Understanding of usability/quality principles and the ability to provide strong advocacy of customer documentation needs and requirements
· Technical experience and training sufficient to quickly gain a strong understanding of complex customer applications and the environment in which they reside
· Good analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills; effective team player
· Strong customer service skills
· Strong organizational skills; attention to detail; ability to prioritize work load and meet deadlines
*** What special requirements/skills you would like us to screen for (i.e.: "Must Haves")? ***
· Attention to detail.
· Master of grammar, punctuation, and spelling. Top-tier skills in MS Word using formatting tools.
· History of writing technical documents with a training background. (Putting together large sets of information and organizing them in a way that is easy for a learner to understand.)
· We use templates, so they will not need to develop their own methods or formats, but will need to use critical thinking and decision skills to determine what to include and exclude in a document.
Saxon Global Inc.
p: (972.550.9346) ext: 302
a: 1320 Greenway Drive, Suite #660, Irving, TX
Our Purpose Is To Make A Better Life For The People We Serve.
For us, this isn’t just work. We are finding Talent, forming Relationships and forging connections between technically talented people and companies who care for them. We are trying to reimagine how our client organizations can use our global recruitment staff that is equipped to evaluate the technical and soft skills of the technology talent to build their strong technology teams.
Saxon Global team's industry experience of more than 20 years in the IT staffing industry along with strong consultant network with a wide range of technology skills enables us to serve our customers.