Duration - 11 Month
Location - LaPorte, TX
Department: LPO Tank Inspection Maintenance and Reliability
Basic Function: The basic function of this role is to develop planned job packages and executed them for internal tank inspection and repairs as needed. Job plans must fully satisfy the required scope as per API653 standards as well as LyondellBasell best practices, including operation, components, all material, services, resources and appropriate scheduling logic between individual operations or tasks. This position must ensure that work is planned to satisfy safe, efficient and timely execution of tank inspections and repairs into the area of influence and supervise and follow the execution unto returning the asset to Production, once all of the protocols have been satisfied.
This function / role / position is responsible for the following:
- Providing necessary planning information that ensures safe and efficient execution of the proposed scope
- Ensuring plans are in place that meets the timing requirements for tank inspection program
- Gather quotes from vendors, compile in folders and interface with Procurement to issue Purchase Orders
- Develop scope in SAP through notification text and field walkthrough.
- Create BOM's where appropriate.
- Building the special instructions and required documentation such as MOC information, QAQC needs, piping schematics, etc.
- Define required skill crafts and duration, specialty tools, equipment,
- Outline optimal scheduling logic between operations,
- Complete reservation or purchase order for necessary components
- Participating in the bidding process and requisitioning for third party services.
- Interface with required disciplines inside or outside of LYB to assure best practices are followed
- Assist in preparing the budget for the project and track expending during execution
- Assure availability of tools, material, and services for the execution.
- Acting as a liaison between purchasing, warehouse, gatekeeper, and contractor for material that cannot meet basic start date.
- Work with Operations to define and understand lock-out/tag-out procedures and coordinate blinding.
- Insuring rental tools and equipment are promptly returned and requisitions are updated as necessary.
- Provide continuous oversight of the execution of planned work, communicating any deviations to work schedules
- Lead contractor schedules and interact with Production to keep them update on what events are to take place and when
- Seek for approval and make field key decisions on behalf of the company.
- Soliciting technical support to initiate the MOC process, when needed. Ensuring the MOC process is completed for job scope changes.
- Insuring documentation is completed and tools and material are returned or repaired.
- Approve time sheets from contractors.
- Communicating and making necessary adjustments to complete or reschedule jobs that go beyond the original scope of work.
- Interacting with work permitting process as needed and insuring that all applicable safety procedures are followed.
- Ensuring that jobs are properly completed in a timely fashion.
- Insuring unused stock parts are returned to stores.
- Insuring rental equipment is taken off rent and necessary change orders are entered.
- Ensuring vendor operations are properly closed, timesheets are signed and forwarded, and TES are approved when received.
- 5+ years of experience in the following area(s): project coordination or maintenance experience in a refinery or chemical plant required.
- Ability to read and interpret company policies, regulatory guidelines, and other work-related documentation required.
- Ability to abide by confidentiality requirements when working with sensitive information, results, and communications required.
- Ability to communicate effectively through written and verbal methods required.
- Ability to accomplish work within required timelines, including short, long, and emergency timeframes required.
- Ability to cross-train in other department duties to ensure efficient coverage department responsibilities required.
- Ability to work with others to accomplish challenging assignments required.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple assignments to ensure completion of tasks within stated time requirements required.
- Advanced skill using Microsoft Office programs (i.e., Word and Excel) required.
- Advance skill on SAP Version 6.5
Our Purpose Is To Make A Better Life For The People We Serve.
For us, this isn’t just work. We are finding Talent, forming Relationships and forging connections between technically talented people and companies who care for them. We are trying to reimagine how our client organizations can use our global recruitment staff that is equipped to evaluate the technical and soft skills of the technology talent to build their strong technology teams.
Saxon Global team's industry experience of more than 20 years in the IT staffing industry along with strong consultant network with a wide range of technology skills enables us to serve our customers.