Purchasing Assistant I
Location- Allentown, PA
Duration – 6-month extendable contract
1. Safety orientated
2. Data entry
3. Computer knowledge
Additional preferred skills:
1. SAP Knowledge
2. Prior purchasing, inventory and manufacturing knowledge
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: High School diploma or equivalent 1-4 years' experience
- Perform purchasing and procurement functions for all goods and services for the client’s advanced materials group.
- Receive purchase order requisitions from in-plant personnel and check for correctness.
- Seek out appropriate vendors or suppliers and place orders in accordance with client-established procedures.
- Request quotes, evaluate quotes, select a successful bidder and place the order.
- Assist personnel in identifying the correct product or part to satisfy requirements.
- Compose blanket purchase orders for repeated use commodities and issue the order after having determined the successful supplier through the bid/evaluation process.
- Track existing orders and expedite with regard to delivery and problems that might arise.
- Assist Accounting in solving problem invoices.
- Assist in collecting information for the selection and evaluation of contractors for in-plant work.
- Assist with composing contracts for major purchases and contractor work.
- Represent client in a professional and efficient manner when dealing with outside suppliers.
- Perform the above duties with the sole purpose of purchasing the best possible product for the particular application with regard to price, quality, adaptability, and delivery for the client’s organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions.
- Ability to apply basic accounting principles.
- Knowledge and experience with SAP.
- Knowledge and experience with Word Processing.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel in creating complex spreadsheets using formulas, macros and defining output to meet specific needs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral and diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The above major outgoing responsibilities describe only the essential job functions and are not intended to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities. All job functions must be performed in accordance with Client Corporate policies and procedures
Our Purpose Is To Make A Better Life For The People We Serve.
For us, this isn’t just work. We are finding Talent, forming Relationships and forging connections between technically talented people and companies who care for them. We are trying to reimagine how our client organizations can use our global recruitment staff that is equipped to evaluate the technical and soft skills of the technology talent to build their strong technology teams.
Saxon Global team's industry experience of more than 20 years in the IT staffing industry along with strong consultant network with a wide range of technology skills enables us to serve our customers.