Location - Channelview, TX
Duration – 5 Months
Must have skills:
1.) onsite/field, petrochemical plant experience
2.) phased gate project management experience
3.) impact and influence: ability to influence others that do not report to you
Other preferred not required skills:
1.) DCS/SIS project experience
2.) Electrical project experience
PMP certification preferred
PE license would be nice
Description: Plans, directs, organizes, and executes activities of designated projects to ensure that goals and objectives of the projects are accomplished within a prescribed timeframe and funding parameters performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors assigned to the projects.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or technical field from four-year college or University. 10+ years’ experience in the engineering industry as a project engineer. Professional Engineering license preferred. Relevant years of experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides project leadership under the general supervision of a Project Director. Responsible for designated project results.
- Develop the Project Procedure Manual under the guidance of a Project Director.
- Reports on status of project to a Project Director.
- Coordinates with Project Controls on the schedule and budget for appropriate element of project.
- Determines staffing requirements and directs design team personnel.
- Documents issues related to the contract, know the contract and execute per the terms of the contract.
- Establishes a cost-effective environment. Be proactive in meeting challenges and deliver value.
- Assess risk and take action to mitigate risk.
- Maintain communication on all aspects of the project. Responsible for effective scope definition and change management.
- Ensure a safe work environment and a safe design, per client safety guidelines. Conducts requirements review.
- Assures that adequate Project Controls for the project are functioning.
- Establishes and defines project organization under guidance from supervisor.
- Develops Project Execution Plan for designated project.
- Ensures that the Project Execution Plan is followed during the life of the project. Coach and mentor project team.
- Interfaces with the client regarding project (s).
- Works toward ensuring customer satisfaction with project results.
- Complies with all Engineering Group’s operating guidelines and standards, including ISO-9001 standards.
- Read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, mechanical flowsheets, piping specifications and governmental regulations.
- Write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Effectively present information to groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Present cost estimates to Management and clients.
- Analyze project controls documents with knowledge across a spectrum of projects.
- Planning, organizing and running small projects up to $10MM TIC.
- Act as a proposal manager on small to medium sized projects.
- Prepare and administer business plan including risk mitigation.
- Ability to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Must possess engineering management knowledge across multiple disciplines with emphasis on discipline interfaces and information flow.
- Working knowledge of material management processes across all accounts. Working knowledge of construction and site issues.
- Capable of working as site engineering manager. Capability of understanding contractual terms (warranty, guaranty, indemnity, etc.).
- Must be capable of directing work to make an impact on.
- Must be able to demonstrate leadership capability on projects. Must possess excellent communication skills with task force, with client and with management.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent problem solving and decision making skills.
- Ability to make decisions that must be made, however unpopular.
- Must be able to exhibit interest in people development and training own project backup.
- Strong ability to work well with client personnel. As a minimum, must be able to demonstrate those skills commensurate with a Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering. Proficient in Excel, Word Processing and PowerPoint.
- Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
Note: The above major outgoing responsibilities describe only the essential job functions and are not intended to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities. All job functions must be performed in accordance with Client Corporate policies and procedures.
Our Purpose Is To Make A Better Life For The People We Serve.
For us, this isn’t just work. We are finding Talent, forming Relationships and forging connections between technically talented people and companies who care for them. We are trying to reimagine how our client organizations can use our global recruitment staff that is equipped to evaluate the technical and soft skills of the technology talent to build their strong technology teams.
Saxon Global team's industry experience of more than 20 years in the IT staffing industry along with strong consultant network with a wide range of technology skills enables us to serve our customers.